Reflection? :16

Sorry about the slow updates lately

A few people have told me they like the flashbacks to the first book so hopefully you'll like this chapter 😜

As Lucifer stared at his broken, disorientated figure standing before him, he realised what he was feeling was not the familiar warmth of being by himself, but rather a chilling coldness.

As he moved, his other self didn't, because this wasn't a reflection. It was his other side.

The evil...sharp tempered...side...

The side that would, and had, hurt Mikey...

It was his reflection.

It was him.

He turned around, wanting to get away, rid himself of this part of himself, but froze as he came face to face with him.

Michael looked broken, tears stained on his cheeks like the scars and bruises created by Koel and now...him too...

No. I'm not Koel.

That's what he tells himself.

But Koel must have started with one little bruise right...?

No. I'm not Koel.

But Koel hurt Michael....

No I'm not Koel.

I'm not...

I'm...

...no...

What am I going to do?

***

Lucifer woke up the next morning at six, him being the first the get in the shower.

The cool, goosebumps-forming water ran over his body, over his sweat soaked back, this from his nightmare the night before.

Flashes swirled his brain...a broken Michael...his evil self....I'm not -

He turned the water off, grabbing his towel off the side and wrapping it around his waist, leaving the bathroom and going through the main room to his own.

***

"Michael?"

Michael didn't reply, instead he continued watching the tv programme, Jacob unsure whether Michael had actually heard him.

Jacob sighed, walking over and sitting beside him.

"Michael I need to talk to you..."

Michael turned the tv off and look at the bedroom's.

"Everyone's out. It's just us."

"What do you need to talk about?" Michael asked.

"It's about Wednesday. You told me how you and Lucifer use to be friends, right?" Jacob questioned.

"Yeah," Michael said, visibly grimacing at the subject.

"I just feel like I'm not getting the full story.  I mean of course it's not my business but it's just...it's gonna be kinda hard to date you when you and my best mate have a secreted past I don't know about, I guess."