Driveby: 11

Previously on Photograph/BackInBlack:

"The camps final activity is gonna have two rounds. The first, is to sing a cover of a song, the best twenty will go through to the next round, Ill call you up one by one, you can decline, but this is just for fun so please have a go, first up is Jessica Moore,"

Jess nervously stood up, taking the microphone, whispering a song to Kripke who told it to the band behind her.

The band began to play Bring Me To Life by Evanescence.

Inbetween were people they didnt know well but I'm just gonna skip them.

They called up Michael, who's headache had luckily gone now. He picked Driveby by Train and sang it expertly.

♡♢♡♢♡♢♡♢♡♢♡

Michael walked out of his lecture to be pulled to one side, coming face to face with Jacob.

"Hey," he grinned, kissing him lightly.

"Hey, what's up?"

"We're going to the music studio."

"Ooh, I forgot. Okay." Michael re-adjusted his bag on his shoulder and linked arms with him. Luckily, Michael had been in art which is in the same building as music so it wasnt a long walk. "So tell me about this band?"

"Dont say it like that!"

"I'm sorry," Michael laughed, "But there's only what, two of you?"

"And now you..." Jacob smiled at him.

"Yeah, if the other guy likes me."

"He will."

"Who is it?"

"One of my best mates, I met him through Samandriel and Balthazar."

"You did?"

"Yeah, it's their brother."

Michael frowned in confusion, "Cas?"

"What? No. It's the older brother, Lucifer."

Michael stopped dead in his tracks.

"What..?" Jacob asked expectantly.

"Nothing it's just....me and Lucifer were...friends...back in senior year..." Michael said vaguely.

"Good friends?" Jacob asked curiously.

"You could say that." Michael shrugged, awkwardly.

"Come on, we can practise some songs while we wait for him to finish his current class."

"Okay..." Michael frowned, reluctantly following.

They arrived in the music studio and Jacob took to the drums, messing around and playing different beats.

Michael sat on the stool nervously, dreading having to face Lucifer.

However, for some reason he wanted to. He wanted to see Lucifer, it had been five years after all. Despite this, he couldn't rid of the hurt within him. Lucifer had moved on and he couldn't bring himself to come to terms with it.

But now he was with Jacob, so maybe he should move on too.

Michael smiled as Jacob looked up for Michael's approval.

"We can probably do a song whilst waiting for Lucifer. He should be hear in five."

"Sure."

"Pick a song."

Michael thought for a moment, "Driveby,"

Jacob picked up the sticks and they began the intro. It sounded different, with it only being drums and keyboard, but it was okay.

"On the other side of a street I knew, stood a guy that looked like you, I guess that's deja vu, but I thought this can't be true 'cause, you moved to West LA or New York or Santa Fe, or wherever to get away from me." Jacob sang. "Oooh but that one night, is still the highlight, I didnt need you 'cause I was all new. Oh, I was overwhelmed, and frankly scared as Hell, because I really fell for you..."

Michael joined in, surprising Jacob with how good he was at singing. "Oh I swear to ya, I'll be there for ya, this is not a driveby-y-y-y-y! Just a shy guy looking for a two ply, hefty bag to hold my-y-y-y-y-y-y love!"

Lucifer heard the beat getting louder as he approached the studio, him opening the door and being taken aback to spot Michael there, completely engrossed in the song with Jacob.

"When you move me, everything is groovy. They don't like it? Sue me. Mmm,  the way you do me! Oh I swear to ya, I'll be there for ya, this is not a driveby!"

Jacob stopped, doing a transition beat as Michael began to sing the next bit, Lucifer remembering back..

~~

"On the upside of a downward spiral, my love for you went viral, and I loved you every mile, you drove away..." Michael sang near the band, the light of the fire glowing upon his perfect face.

Lucifer grinned happily at his boyfriend's recent surge of happiness after everything had seemed so bad.

"But now, we are are again, so, let's skip the 'how you been' and get down to a little more than friends at last!"

~~

As Jacob joined in the chorus, Lucifer was pulled back to reality.

The reality where Michael was no longer his boyfriend, but instead Jacob's...

The song finished and Lucifer began to clap, letting a smirk cover his sadness.

They both turned, Jacob getting up and walking over as Michael awkwardly stayed on his stool.

Lucifer wanted to be mad at Michael, he really wanted to, as maybe, if he believed it was Michael's fault, he'd stop loving him, and that would stop the hurt.

But instead, he was forced to love Mikey, his Mikey.

As that was all he knew when he was around him...