Awkward: 13

"Hey Lucifer, what did you think of that?" Jacob asked.

"Awesome," Lucifer replied, his smirk masking his emotions. He looked over at Michael and they shared eye contact before Michael looked away, shyly. "Hey, Mikey." Lucifer said, not waiting for a reply as he sat on a chair, pulling his guitar onto his knee.

Michael's phone began to ring, so Jacob and Lucifer watched silently as he answered it.

"One second," Michael apologised, "Hey Dean, what's up?"

"Hey Mikey...I was gonna tell you this on the weekend but I didn't know what your plans were. Anyways, there's something we need to tell you."

"We?"

"Hello Michael." Castiel's deep voice said excitedly.

"Oh, hey Cas, what's up?"

"We're -" Dean began.

"I'm gonna be a bride!" Castiel squealed.

"Oh, wow." Michael said stunned."You're...wow..."

"Yep!" Dean laughed.

"This is...big..."

"Yeah it really is...anyway, hope to see you this weekend." Dean grinned.

"Bye." Michael hung up and scowled at the phone in shock.

"What's going on?" Lucifer asked.

"Dean and Cas are engaged." Michael replied.

"Wait, Cas as in Lucifer's brother?" Jacob asked.

"Yeah, they've been dating for years now." Lucifer shrugged, sneaking a glance at Michael who was flipping through one of the music books.

"Anyway, shall we play the song we played the other day, Lucifer?" Jacob asked.

"...sure," Lucifer answered not so surely, Michael picking up on it.

"Okay, Michael, do u wanna listen for this one?" Jacob asked.

Michael nodded numbly.

Lucifer played a chord, before quickly pausing, "you know what, my fingers are kinda sore. I played the skin off my fingers over the weekend. Maybe I should just observe for today?"

Jacob rolled his eyes but agreed, turning to Michael. "So what do you wanna play?"

"Up to you," he replied, managing to keep his voice even.

"Hmm...how about Naive by The Kooks?"

"Sounds good." Michael nodded.

As he played, he managed to block out Lucifer's presence.

♡♡♡

"Welp, I've got a class now." Jacob said, putting his drumsticks in an inside pocket in his jacket. "Same again next week?" He asked Lucifer, who nodded, looking at Michael who's eyes were following Jacob.

"Mikey?"

Michael visibly flinched at the name, Lucifer's jealousy raging, before agreeing to the arrangements too.

Once Jacob left, the boys finally made eye contact, Michael being the one to look away.

After about thirty seconds, the silence was finally broken.

"You got arrested." Lucifer laughed, randomly.

Michael looked up, smiling slightly, "It was your fault."