Hey, Mom | Dick Grayson x Wondergirl!Reader

Description: Your voice sounds an awful lot like his mother's.

Request: I'd like to sneak in a request ☆ Dick and his s/o being the team's "parents". It started when one of the members accidentally called s/o 'mom' as a joke but then it became a regular thing and s/o just wants to play house. Dick doesn't really have an idea about it until one of them slipped up (they refer to him as 'dad' behind his back) Haha, just cute family-like moments with the team?

Words: 817

Notes: I don't know why I interpreted it this way, but this was SO funny to me lmao.

It's just as the sun breaches the horizon over the North Atlantic Ocean, like a giant blazing sunflower blossoming at the edge of Happy Harbour, does the hum of life return to the interior of Mount Justice. The flow starts steadily. First, bare feet hardened by years of running on dirt and Istrian stone make their way into the kitchen. Food is produced from the fridge. As the ingredients are mixed and the air fills with flavor, a soft song that could only be produced by the daughter of Aphrodite carries through the echoing halls, and the power every note holds draws sleeping team members from their rest.

The sound wakes Garfield Logan from a fitful rest, and the second it reaches his ears his body relaxes and he is taken away to another world; a world with his mother Marie, singing an African song to the animals as she fed them. He tosses back his covers and leaps down the hall to find the source of the sound.

Zatanna Zatara's nose rises from a book of spells, and her ancient murmurings cease. For a moment she is suspended in time. Her father is there, humming and striding about as he got ready for some event Zatanna couldn't remember. She smiles as she shuts the book, closing her door behind her.

Kaldur' pauses his training session abruptly. Mother? He asks himself as the punching bag swings with his dying throws. It takes him another minute of listening to comprehend the singer, and it is not Sha'lain'a, as much as it seems to sound like her. He can feel her nails gently rolling down his scalp, and the water enveloping him. He remembers how they would sit in the shallower waters and stare up at the sun before he heads for the kitchen.

Wally West skids into the lounge room, halting to a stop and searching the area."Mom?" He calls out.

You raised your hand and waved to Wally, the golden jewelry on your arms and wrists catching on the kitchen light. The smile you flash is beautiful, just like every other smile you had ever given anyone. The third Wondergirl beckoned Wally into the kitchen. He isn't surprised to see the short but elegant drapes of an Amazonian princess—you always seemed to wear your royal robes even outside Themyscira—but rather he's surprised to see you.

"Greetings, Wally!" You inclined your head toward a pair of massive plates of prepared waffles and pancakes. Assuming the other is for Bart, Wally embarrassedly takes one and tries to forget about his own introduction."Thanks." He smiled awkwardly. With the grace of a princess, you nodded back,"You're welcome."

You return to singing as the room is slowly conquered by team's members, old and new. Damian Wayne leaps up onto the counter from the opposite side and glares at you, perched there like a pissed-off cat,"Stop singing, Amazonian."

"Forget about him, Y/N. He's just whiny because you sound like Talia and he misses his mommy," Tim chimes, shaking his head at the present Robin,"Keep singing. You sound great."

Before the two can enter a scuffle—clearly indicated by the angry reddening of Damian's face—you halt both with nothing but one word; "Stop."

Being the daughter of Aphrodite and a lifelong student of Diana Prince, you had gained and learned to use a very valuable weapon. Charmspeak allowed everyone to listen to you if that push was needed, and more often than not you found yourself using it to calm Tim and Damian instead of criminals. Regardless, it works, as Tim moves around you to get his food and Damian clicks his tongue. That must be how everyone was awoken, because your song can often influence people without their knowledge.

"Hey, ma." Garfield waves tiredly. He rubs at one of his eyes and you softly pet his hair,"Goodmorning, Gar." You chimed, offering him his plate of food.

The cycle continues, and you smile a little brighter every time another member refers to you as "mother." The only one who doesn't is the very last. His strong arms slip around your waist and his chin nestles into the cranny between your shoulder and neck. You fold your hands over Dick Grayson's and tilt your head back to rest your cheek against his.

"Hi there," Dick murmured into your shoulder. You giggled when he kissed your jaw, touching his cheek from your place in front of him."Is there an explanation for why everyone is calling you "mom", or...?"

"Not really, no. Wally just kind of..." You trailed off.

Abruptly, Wally approaches and smacks Dick's butt. He grins mischievously,"Hi daddy!"

Dick whirls around and begins to chase after the speedster, cursing and yelling like a sailor ("She doesn't know what that means! Don't call me that!"). You raise an eyebrow at M'gann, who is sleepily slouched against the counter,"Why did he call Nightwing "daddy"...?"

M'gann only sighs, shakes her head, and returns to her food.