Rumors | V | Damian Wayne x Reader x Jon Kent

Description: "I miss her." Jon whispered.

"I know, beloved." Damian murmured. He smoothed his hand down Jon's cape,"As do I."

Words: 4612 (good luck)

Notes: Eyy last part! Loved this series, but I still feel like I could improve upon the ending...

_

Jon's thumb smoothed across the heat-sensitive screen of his phone, cupping his hand against the headphone-jack to keep the others around him from noticing what he was doing. Titans Tower was buzzing with energy today (both positive and negative), as everyone had gathered in the hangar to prep for an emergency mission. It filled the ambiance with a sense of urgency, but almost everyone was excited about the incoming mission; it was a chance to prove themselves, to protect in the way they wanted to. Jon had been ready the moment he arrived with his boyfriend, Damian Wayne, but the rest of the Titans had been unprepared. He didn't blame any of them while Damian made snide comments he didn't mean... this battle was going to be harder than the other ones.

Doomsday had been sighted on the outer banks of Metropolis, steadily making his way towards the edge of the city. According to Red Robin's data, there had already been three military squadrons sent out to push him back into the coast, but anyone could guess correctly on how that ended. Especially if Doomsday was being trailed by Lex Luthor's newest robot. Awne was no Amazo, but instead was modeled after the Teen Titans and their weaknesses. While on any other day the Justice League would be on the job, they were all off-world. That left the Titans to clean up.

Doomsday had never been a fun fight. His father talked about the beast in low, hushed tones, and he'd always warn Jon to stay away if a conflict every involved him. But now, as one of the Titan's most powerful members, it was obvious how the plan would go. He (and possibly Damian) would be fighting off Doomsday, while the rest of the team handled Awne. It worried him to no end, and he couldn't help but drift back to his family's foundations. Trust, both in himself and his teammates. Faith, in his own abilities. And luck, which he would get by the images on his phone. More specifically, the folder of images titled "Us".

Y/N L/N's smiling face greets him. It's a candid of her laughing about something Jon had said, collapsing into Damian's side in her mirth. He had been trying to act annoyed, but her reaction had caught him off guard, giving Jon the brilliant opportunity to snap a photo of the Teen Wonder smiling. He was also flipping off the camera, but it was a cute photo regardless. He can still imagine how Damian had rolled his eyes,"I am aware I am attractive, but there's no need to call me such nicknames, L/N."

And then there's the one he still has as his homescreen, from that day at Great America. You're playfully glaring at one-another from two sides of the queue for The Whizzer, arms crossed and smiles quirked. He sees the photo, he hears your and Damian's conversation, but his heart can't connect the image to whatever emotion he had been feeling. All he can see is what he's feeling now; regret, love, guilt. Numbness begins to spill down his shoulders and breach his chest, in the same way he watched it consume you when they left. When your father forced you apart.

Jon sighs, closes his phone and rubs his hands over his eyes. It isn't enough to get the image of her out of his head, or hear her sobbing into his shirt. The ache in his chest replenishes even if it's been a year now. Damian had insisted that neither of them contacted you, so your father didn't become upset with you and so they could both move on. But how could Jon move on after a person like that? There was no one like Y/N L/N, and there will never be another. Worse, guilt still pooled in his heart, clawed at his mind whenever he remembered her laugh. Damian and Jon had each other. She had no one.