Gorgeous Beloved | Damian Wayne x Reader

Description: Nearly every couple on planet Earth gives each other nicknames—it's a natural part of a romantic (and platonic) relationship, whether it be names like "darling" or "asshat". You and Damian Wayne are no different... or, at least you would be, if everyone knew you were dating.

Request: older damian x fem!reader where they call each other cute names (damian calling reader beloved and reader calling damian gorgeous) and they're keeping the relationship a secret but one day reader slips up unknowingly and calls him gorgeous in front of the batfam and he replies nonchalantly and they're like wtf just happened and u can take it from there (sorry this is such a specific and long request! i love ur writing)

Words: 1644

Notes: as SOON as I saw this in my inbox I was like: I need to write this. I LOVE THIS REQUEST!!! I hope you love this too lmao

_

It's so natural. The word is easily as subconscious of an action as adding a period at the end of a sentence, or possibly even walking. Damian is constantly on guard, constantly considering what he's saying (most of the time...), constantly thinking and considering and deciphering. You, on the other hand... you were bound to slip up. There's no way you wouldn't.

Fall is a beautiful time of year, even if everything is dying. The wind combined with the cooler temperatures often mean you can wear hoodies and sweatshirts. If you're lucky you can get your hands on one of Damian's, so when you can't sleep after a horror movie marathon you can breathe in his protective scent and fall into a deep and euphoric slumber. And of course, fall is the time of year in which Halloween approaches.

"We should do a couples costume, but act like we didn't plan it." You suggest into your scarf, side-eyeing Damian. He kneels down to accept the frisbee which Titus had retrieved, and you smile at him mischievously,"Oh! I have an idea!" You beamed. You pointed at your boyfriend,"You be the slutty cheerleader, and I'll be the buff football captain."

Damian snorts, reeling back his arm and tossing the frisbee as far as he'll allow it. Titus sprints after it, barking joyfully and leaping about in order to chase the colorful toy. You examine Damian's face, his daring cheekbones and sharper jaw and pretty green eyes. Damian turns his head at your sudden silence, completing your thought before you can even voice it,"And no. I will not be a Disney Prince."

"Are you sure... ? Because you certainly look the part," You gesture proudly to his visage. Gently, playfully, almost in a flirtatious manner do you poke his muscle-taut arm,"Gorgeous."

You giggle upon seeing his reaction. Damian flushes red as every drop of blood in his face tries to fight against his iron-will, the accompanied and resulting glare he aims at you losing its effect due to the sudden mass of color on his expression."Shut up." He hisses beneath his breath. This only makes you laugh harder.

"What?" He huffs.

You wave your hands, still giggling,"I don't mean it in a bad way, Damian, it's a compliment."

Damian rolls his eyes,"I am aware of your intentions, but I do not understand why."

You shake your head at him, sliding your arms around his waist and laying your ear against his heart. You melt when his fingers rise to brush strands of stray hair out of your face. You smile,"Well, I do love you for your personality; you're a really good person at heart, and you've gone through so much but bounced back so well... I respect you for it. But, hey, you also happen to be the sexiest man I've ever met so..." You trailed off, descending into deeper laughter.

Damian chuckles, deep and hearty in his chest, and the reaction is so surprising your chin shoots up as your eyebrows do. He smirks,"I am aware of that, beloved."