The Accident | Tim Drake x Reader

Description: For now, don't ever worry that touch means love, Y/N. In fact, sometimes it can mean the exact opposite.

Requests: Hey Ivy! Can you do an imagine when the reader has the power to absorb energy through touch (like rogue from x-men) but when they lose control they accidentally hurt people. The reader has problems with phsyical contact bc they don't want to hurt their boyfriend Tim. Tim tries to reassure them, through hand holding and other fluffy gestures. Thank you!

Pls let Timmy have a vet girlfriend/friend that loves hanging out with their sleepy bf and his adorable animal-hoarding brother

I see you are low on Tim Drake fics.. so I have come to assist!! So basically the reader and Tim fall asleep together EVERYWHERE (bc lets be real everyone is sleep deprived in Gotham) and it's just them cuddling in the most random spots ever + some member of the fam finding you guys and placing a blanket over you. It's kind of inspired by this cute fan art (I'll message it to you :3 ) but ye hope that helps in some way??

Words: 3428

Notes: Eh, this is kinda shitty but I really like the bonus. In case you were wondering, it's a reference to an artwork by laquilasse!!! She's so great!!! Go look at her stuff!!!

_

There had never been a time in your life where you felt comfortable without gloves on. Through thick or thin fabrics, through tears and risks or holes and fears, no matter if it was boiling in Gotham City or below freezing. The simple fact was that your gloves were your everything. You were hardly seen without them. This was because they protected you, or rather, protected everyone else from you.

You were wearing a pair today that was much more significant than the others. Firstly, they were given to you by your boyfriend, Tim Drake. He had never been as supportive of your "shields" as you'd hoped he'd be. Prisons, he called them, that keep you from trusting yourself. You would much rather be able to hold his hand through a layer of fabric than trust yourself. That didn't mean you weren't trying to believe in your own control, and that certainly didn't mean you never wanted to trust yourself at all. Another significant thing about these gloves was that they were as thin as spider-silk. You were trusting yourself today, and a small part of you hoped that Tim noticed.

Be @ my house soon, should be there in 15 min. Let urself in - Tim ❤️🖤❤️

You re-read the text as you dug through your purse for the pair of keys Tim had given you. The security system had long since been briefed about the amount of time you spent with him at Wayne Manor, and so the next step to getting past the Wayne-Tech was a set of house keys. The moment you managed to wriggle the entrance to the kitchen open, there was a pair of booming barks echoing through the expanse of the house, your only warning before two hounds came barrelling around the corner.

Though Ace was older, he was unafraid of using dirty tricks. He half-crashed into Titus to get to you first, both scuttling like cartoons against Alfred's flawless flooring to weave in and around your legs. Two tails repeatedly and enthusiastically smacked your sides. Despite Titus' strict obedience training, he didn't hesitate to try and jump on you from just how much he missed you; this was something Tim had warned you of, as no one but Alfred had been around lately. As much as the butler loved his charges, you were sure that he didn't share your love for animals.

Then again, it was possible that no one in the whole world loved animals as much as you did. In a childhood that demanded no physical affection, dogs and cats and any non-human creature were your best friends. You didn't need your gloves around them. It was one of the many reasons you wore the Gotham City Animal Care Center badge on your chest. Your love for animals was leading you down the path to becoming an animal doctor, so much so that you'd gotten your hands on an internship the moment you became legal working age, and you'd been rolling down this path ever since.