Friendly Guidance | Tim Drake x Reader

Description: Conner Kent has been trying to set you and Tim Drake up for years. He's also pretty good at matchmaking.

Request: "We were drunk and confessed love to each other and on the next day everyone congratulates us about getting together and this is awkward because we don't remember anything" w/ Dick or Tim ☆

Words: 2250

Notes: Also hey this was in my drafts and I got the chance to finish it so whoopie here ya go!!! This is one of the older requests!

_

You thought Jason was joking when he described the worst hangover he had ever had. Or at the very least exaggerating—this conclusion made sense, as Jason Todd came from a family of complete and utter drama queens, regardless of blood relation or not. (If he was Bruce's blood son, then you had no doubt his dramatics would be worse. Look at Damian—the kid's like Shakespeare's angry, sword-swinging son). But he was certainly not exaggerating, as your brain felt like it was slowing expanding inside your skull, ready to pop like a balloon. Gross.

When you first awaken, it's like those scenes in crime shows where the detective turns the light on the suspect when interrogating them. You recoiled instantly, burying yourself deeper into the protective darkness. It smelled good. Really, really good. When your hands moved to pull the blanket over your shoulders, but then you realized just where your hands were. Shoved under fabric and pressed against the warm, rippled skin of Tim's stomach. Your hand is shoved up his shirt. In your sleep. In his sleep.

You're unsure if you should be thankful that you're lying on Tim Drake. If it was anyone else it could have been worse, but the fact that it's Tim makes everything almost as embarrassing. Oh god, is the first phrase that comes to mind when you manage to steady yourself, and your memories filter back through in broken images that don't connect well. You were celebrating Tim's 21st birthday by solving a Riddler case ("Dammit, Tim! I get that you have an obsession with your job, but it's your birthday!"), before Conner Kent, Bart Allen, and Cassie Sandsmark decided it would be an amazing idea to go to a bar. Considering Tim was now of legal drinking age in Gotham, and your birthday was a few months back and you had yet to actually drink anything, this made sense. After Tim solved and took down the Riddler with your assistance, you met with the trio at the "best bar in Gotham".

But... your memories end there. You don't remember what you drank. You don't remember what you said. You definitely don't remember falling asleep on Tim's couch or shoving your hand up his shirt and feeling on his abs, but looking at the other's asleep around you provides some relief; Bart, being the smallest, had curled into a ball in Tim's recliner; Cassie was cocooned in a heavy Wonder Woman blanket (which you knew for a fact belonged to Tim), buried deep in the other couch in Tim's living room; and Conner's bed on the floor was empty, but he had made a large print in the layers of blankets beside Tim's coffee table. That left you and Tim, curled tight and knotted around each other, pressed together by the couch's smaller width and length.

Okay, so at least you're not here alone. That means good things.

You decided to go and investigate Conner's whereabouts. As much as you wanted to stay so deep in Tim's arms, there was no way in hell you would let anyone—including Tim—know you were in such a situation. The thought that Conner probably knew filled you with dread. The next months would be filled with light-hearted innuendos and more attempts to get you together. Emphasis on the word "more".

You read somewhere that the "crush stage" should last around four months. Tim had been your crush all through junior year and over that summer, since that had been when you first joined the Teen Titans. But he had also been your crush all through senior year. Then your first year of college and so on, until you got to where you are now. So maybe it isn't a crush anymore. Maybe you're in love with him, maybe Conner knows that because of his damned good senses, and maybe you keep denying it even if it's the truth. Maybe.