Anew | Diana Prince x Reader

Description: Every other woman on the island had gotten there by dying on the battlefield. In their last moments they whispered a pray to any goddess, who if deemed them worthy, washed them ashore on the island. Diana had never seen one arrive before... until now.

Request: Fic when reader washes up upon the beaches of Themyscira and Diana personally oversees her training as an Amazon?

Words: 1064

Notes: I hope you like this one guys! I need to write more Diana tbh. But I was thinking about writing, and my WW poster was staring down at me from behind my desk, so I was just like,"Boom! Got it!" And here we are...

_

When Diana had first learned of how her fellow Amazons arrived on the island, laying with her mother beneath of the island's largest cherry trees, she had wanted to see it for herself. Every other woman on the island had gotten there by dying on the battlefield. In their last moments they whispered a pray to any goddess, who if deemed them worthy, washed them ashore on the island. They would be wearing whatever they wore the moment they died, and this was why there was old fighter pilot uniforms from the World Wars, and Spartan Centurion Armor, or modern day soldier attire in the public armory. Diana would forever be the only sister of Themyscira to be born there—not washed ashore, surviving debris of Man's World.

Ever since that day under the cherry tree where her mother told her the stories of her sisters, she had wanted to see it for herself. But as if it was fate, she was always, without fail, the last to hear or too late to be there. When Maeve arrived on the island she watched Antiope dive into their waters to retrieve her. But then she was tugged away back to training with another Amazon, and could only peak over the crest of the cliffs and at the beach when her partner was distracted. As if it was destiny, Diana had never seen one of her sisters arrive until that day.

Diana rarely got chances to escape from her duties as princess. She was constantly training, or speaking, or smiling. There was no time for herself. When she did slink away on her own she found herself in regular secluded hotspots on the island; the jungle, where she would separate curtains of lacy vines and explore the plant-conquered region; the caves carved into the cliff-side, where she would hang her feet from the mouth and stare at the horizon, past the boundary and out into man's world; the beach, where she now squished her toes into the shore's wet sand and watched the sun bob like a knot of golden seaweed in the water.

Now that she has been to man's world and fought alongside the likes of Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne, Diana welcomes any chance she has to return home. Although they are improving, Men's World is exhausting, and thinking about it almost makes her disappointed. But she clears the feeling by overpowering it with another; humans have come so far. She is proud of them, and she always will be.

The turquoise waters surrounding Themyscira are dyed purple in the light of the sunset. The waves are as calm as ever, until it is disrupted by a fist. It punches it's way through the surface, bringing a girl with it. She coughs, and violently so, spitting out salt water and dragging herself from the shallows.

Diana is frozen in amazement and terror. She is reminded of Steve and the day she met him, the day she pulled him from the water, thinking that he was one of her sisters that had been brought to the island. But this is a girl, so small and frail that Diana debates if she was brought here by the gods or by boat. She startles Diana out of her shock with another loud cough, and the princess sprints over to her side, hands open in peaceful welcoming. There are so many things to say. So many stories to tell. But before Diana can say a word the girl is on her feet and aiming a knife at her.

She is now nothing like the woman on her hands and knees, coughing salt water weakly into the sand. This woman is an unstoppable force with eyes that root Diana to her place, fierce with the anger of a thousand, shoulders taut with the memories of war and death. This is a woman of man's world. But she has not been taught by man. Her stance is disarming as her eyes are, but when she speaks, her voice carries with the sternness of a mother scolding her child.

"Where the hell am I?"

_

Diana has learned several things about this mystery girl in the last two weeks.

Firstly, her name is Y/N L/N. She said it with a tone that suggested she wasn't proud of her own title, lowering her chin and sweeping the ground with those incredible eyes. But then she raised them and added softly,"I'm supposed to be dead."

Secondly, in man's world, she is an archeologist. Not only that, but an agent of the American government fronting as one. While on one of her missions in Greece, her homeland, she had encountered an ancient buried library. As she was explaining what a mural of goddesses was depicting, a member of their team betrayed her and shot her the moment she uttered,"Hera—."

Thirdly, she is used to be vastly underestimated. When Queen Hippolyta brought her to the training courtyards, Lieutenant Myrina had gotten cocky and challenged the smaller woman in battle. Not only did Y/N best her swiftly, she humbling helped her up and apologize for any harm she had caused, furtherly embarrassing Myrina but earning her respect in the same gesture.

While she spoke kindly and softly, and acted the same, she was all too familiar in battle. Diana was glad and yet also concerned with how they could form a connection through this. Y/N didn't seem to mind as much as Diana did.

"You fight like the female warriors of man's world," Diana said, unsheathing her sword,"But I believe it would be best for you to learn the ways of the Amazons as well."

"Sparring?" Y/N said. She furrowed her brows in the way Diana admired, watching Diana's sword shine in the midday sun."You'll win."

"Winning is not the point. I believe you can learn more from failure than triumph." Diana said wisely.

"You're right," You raised your own sword, copying Diana's stance; learning,"And also very, very wonderful."

"Thank you," Diana said, smiling. Then your swords clash, faces drawn close as you both press the bases of your blades and fight for dominance. You grind your weapon against hers and send sparks flying between the two of you. Diana spies the metaphor. You spy her as she says,"I can say the same about you."