The Sun and The Moon | Jon Kent x Reader

Description: But sometimes, there are afternoons and eclipses where these celestial bodies collide. Little gray areas between the dark and the light. Like now, where the sun joins the moon in her star-lit darkness.

Words: 1701

Notes: Idk why the Kents make me reference suns so much, but they do. (edit: I was being sarcastic. please read a comic book).

_

Jon can taste the difference in Gotham City's sky. It's smoggier, thicker, like the city had wrapped a hand around his throat and lightly squeezed. It's also not nearly as bright as Metropolis; even at night the city seemed to glow golden, like a giant bank of gold coins and bars. In comparison, Gotham City is silver and cracked, fractured in places but sleek in others. And yet, the twin cities are only a few miles of bay apart. The sun and the moon. The day and the night.

As Jon cleared the murky waters of Batman's docks and breathed in that throttling air, he found himself flying faster. If you are the sun, Jon, then Y/N's your moon. She needs you right now. His mother's words paired with her concerned expression kept circling through his mind. It was ironic, really, how much you both fit this stupid metaphor the world had labled you with. Jon kept adding things and traits to the list in order to add to it, and you only shook your head and called him a boy scout with that Wayne-inherited smirk on your face.

The flight to Wayne Manor is swift, and faster with his excitement of seeing you. The crimson color of his cape had turned carmine in the moonlight, whispering against the breeze, fluttering to rest behind his knees when he lowered himself down to a balcony. Jon was sure could fly the path to your home upside-down or backwards, his eyes closed and his heart leading the way. He had certainly memorized how to get around the Manor's defenses. Being one of Bruce's eldest you had been taught how to disable and hack them anyway, so you gave Jon permitted access to everything you could.

Look outside - Jon

From within the depths of your silk sheets, you pat around the other side of your too-massive bed and plucked your phone from the mattress. With your head nestled under a thick comforter and those cool silk sheets tucked up to your chin, there were very few things that could raise you from your delirious sleeping state. Jon Kent's text tone, the strum of a guitar, was one of those few things.

The long shadow of a person casts itself through the glass of your balcony door, flattening against your wall and the ornate trimmings of the [color] paint. Like you had never been asleep at all, you tossed back the covers and forced yourself not to run outside, throw your arms around him and kiss him until the sun comes up. It was certainly what you needed. Instead, you tried to comb your hair back, pulling a small jacket on as you stepped out into the cold, Gotham-country air.

It is now that Jon understands what his mother meant. While he was a warm ray of sunshine filtering through the leaves of an oak tree, a field of waist-high wheat spun golden by Sol's nimble fingers, you were the natural opposite. A Yin to his Yang. A mirrored reflection of light in a dark room, the flutter of fabric in a cool night breeze, the pointed crests of wings slicing through smoke. You were the night. Jon was the day.

But sometimes, there are afternoons and eclipses where these celestial bodies collide. Little gray areas between the dark and the light. Like now, where the sun joins the moon in her star-lit darkness.

"Jon," You breathed, closing the door behind you and not daring to turn your back on him,"What are you doing here, love? Don't you have school tomorrow? And what are you doing in costume—? Someone might see you..."

Jon gracefully let his feet connect with the stone barrier of your balcony, using it as a stair in order to step down to your level."I came to see you," Jon greeted, glancing off to the side distractedly,"Tim... he mentioned something yesterday. Something at Gotham Academy? I was worried about you, I wanted to come help."