Wonder and Awe | Damian Wayne x Wondergirl!Reader

Description: Wonder Woman and Batman wouldn't approve of a relationship between their children, would they?

Words: 1917

Notes: Part 4 of shit I found in my google doc files

_

"Haven't you ever heard the saying, Damian?" Jon Kent questioned, also known as Superboy, was walking in tandem side-by-side with his best friend. They watch as you lead them down the hallway, your armor clinking and chinking whenever you moved. Jon speaks next when you extend your arm. It strikes an enemy in the face and they crumble, with minimal effort on your part as the determination spreads over your face. 

Jon smirked, gesturing to you, "She's beauty, she's grace, she'll punch you in the face?"

The metal grating beneath the trio clanks with your footsteps, steady and even like that of a warrior. Damian and Jon follow. You all know what this mission is for. It's a distraction for the "little kids", to keep you away from the real battle. This was simply a confo; conquering a territory and retrieving the info needed. These types of operations were Damian's specialty, and the enemies you were taking on were just some excess thugs trying to restart their gig after their leader was arrested. Small mission, with only one hero needed. So why did Bruce send a half-Kryptonian, an Amazonian princess, and the son of Batman to deal with maybe 20 low-lifes?

Distraction. You were being taken away from the real fight. The real fight where you could be helping people, good or bad. Either it was that, or Bruce was observing you—you, as in you and Damian. He had his suspicions. But that was what they were, just suspicions. Even you were surprised that you and Damian were capable of keeping a secret like a romantic relationship from Batman.

But if Bruce was observing you now through the security cameras of the building, then you had to raise the only defense that would protect your secret from Batman. It was especially hard acting like you hated Damian because you represented truth and honesty. You loved him, you knew that, so huffing at him as you draw an enchanted arrow from your quiver is making something in you stubbornly ache. Great Hera, you hated lying.

While your technical mother Diana Prince (also known as Wonder Woman) had been crafted in clay and given life by Zeus, she had shaped you from the rich dirt of Themyscira's woodlands and pleaded with the goddess Artemis to give you life. The goddess of hunting did, and she left you with a beautiful bow carved from one of the first trees the Earth had produced. So when that bow fires an arrow into a door, it splinters to pieces.

Before you step through your personally-created doorway, you glare back at the boys with a practiced malice,"Thank you for your assistance, gentlemen." You huff sarcastically. Something flashes in Damian's eyes, a perfect performance, and his muscles tighten as his eyes narrow, "TT. I apologize that you did not ask for our help, princess."

"Guys—" Jon starts, but you and Damian cut him off with a matching pair of glares.

You sigh, bristling as Damian strikes his shoulder against yours when he passes you. You glare at his back as he walks ahead. Your gaze softens at Jon's upset expression; you were both friends with him, but never with each other and he hated it. You offer him a small smile, guilt leaking out of your eyes as you gesture for him to follow after you, "Come, Superboy. We have a fight to win and celebrate."

Jon's eyes light up, and he eagerly skips after you. When you come to stand beside Damian—who works on applying the hacking program to the computer to download its contents—Jon tosses an arm over his shoulder and examines the computer screen, "We should so get ice cream after this."