Batboys Headcanon (+Bruce): The S/O Knows

Notes: This is headcanons for the Batboys, involving an S/O that is aware they are a superhero but just never brings it into conversation. I hope you enjoy, dude!

_

Bruce Wayne:

- Bruce is NOT careless when it comes to protecting his secret identity. The cowl is rigged with tazers, tear and knock-out gases, and for a few years, he even wore a domino mask UNDER the cowl like Jason does. Usually, the most common way that people find out without Bruce's consent is through his sons; someone close to them will find out about their identity, and always connect the dots to Bruce and Batman being one in the same. The exceptions have been Dick stumbling upon the Batcave when first living in the Manor, and then you.
- You found the Batcave in a reverse way. You and Bruce had just begun getting serious in your relationship, and he offered you to stay the night at the Manor while he attended to a WE crisis that cut into one of your dates. You had been fine with it, and really took it as an opportunity for an adjustment; Bruce would be running out all the time, and you had to get used to that.
- So you took a peek outside and noticed how beautiful the property was. Since Gotham was a jigsaw of buildings crammed into the wrong places, always so crowded and hard to breathe in, you had taken a liking to the secluded hideaway that was the Manor, hidden deep in Gotham's outer Northeaster hills. So when Alfred brings this up at conversation and suggests that you should go take a walk in the backwoods to see just how beautiful it really was, so the both of you grabbed your coats, hooked arms and marched into the fall-thin forest.
- Alfred told stories of Bruce and his boys when they were young, and then that bled into his time with Bruce's parents, and then Alfred's theater career. After you promised you would attend with Bruce to one of Alfred's upcoming plays at the Gotham Theater Guild, Alfred's watch went off and he said that he had to return to the Manor for something. But he said that you could wander freely (as long as you didn't get lost, which was definitely a possibility, considering just how big the woods were), and so you set off in different directions.
- After years of camping and hunting up North with two nature-enthusiast brothers, an archer/hunter for a younger sister, and a mother that grew up on a farm and lived her life on the trails in her family's property, you had amazing tracking, hunting, camping, and a plethora of other nature-related skills. Now, you used these to not get lost, to trail animal hideouts (the biggest thing you saw was probably a coyote in the distance), and you managed to find your way towards a road of some sort. But you knew Gotham's outer regions like the back of your hand, and this wasn't on the map or shouldn't be.
- That's when you heard a motor and leaves skittering across the ground, so you dove for cover behind a tree. And then the Batmobile zoomed down the road and past you. Being the naturally curious and stupidly brave woman you were, you followed the tracks on the dirt road. They were hard to follow mostly because the tires had been designed to be track-resistant, but the leaves had formed a pattern under the weight of the car. So trailed it and ended up standing at the base of a high, rocky hillside. This is where the tracks ended, but they cut off abruptly under the stone. Worse—if this led to something, it would be underground. And directly under Wayne Manor.
- Another fun thing about you; your father was a doorsmith who worked with everything from household entry doors to industrial steel doors molded with a stone covering to hide an entrance at the base of a hill. Needless to say, with a little jimmying from a hunting knife and a couple sticks, you got the door open. You took down the path of an emergency exit, and walked until the tunnel opened up into a large cave.
- A Batcave, where Nightwing and Batman were both arguing by the computer. Nightwing had his mask off and so did Batman. You saw Robin—or Damian, as in the little boy who growled and scowled when you watched movies together (He still insisted you cuddle though. What a sap.)—enter the cave from a set of stairs that must have led to a doorway. So the first chance you got you snuck up there, pushed at a door... that opened right into Bruce's study and turned out to be the Grandfather Clock on the wall.

- You moved on and acted like nothing happen, but it certainly made things a lot easier. When an emergency came up all you had to do was kiss Bruce goodbye and tell him you'd see him later. They only understood why you stayed around after he was forced to ditch you so many times when you casually brought it up.
- Everyone was slouched around for a movie night, and you and Bruce had Damian swaddled between the two of you (asleep, otherwise you would be dead), the rest of the boys and Cassandra lounged around you. In the movie, a guy went through a secret door through a clock. You popped a piece of popcorn into your mouth and said,"Oh, hey. We have one of those in Bruce's study."
- Everyone went with it, and simultaneously understood why you and Bruce were dating.