01 decorations

word count: 615

They usually didn't have time for decorations, which was why they had never really bothered with them. Sure, they would put up a tree and hang stockings and maybe some small details, but never much. It wasn't like they spent Christmas in LA anyways, so they wouldn't even be around to see their own decorations.

That's why Mitch's mouth fell open once he walked into the living room. This was the first Christmas they would actually be spending in LA, so he had expected for Scott to put up maybe a little more decorations than other years, but he hadn't expected him to go all out. There were two trees, for fuck's sake. The whole room was lit by Christmas lights only, there were so many ornaments and strings of tinsel that Mitch couldn't even begin to see the start of it, fake snow covering the window sills, small bells and wreaths on every piece of furniture they owned, and mistletoe above everything you could possible walk or sit under.

"Scott?!"

It didn't take long for Mitch to hear the patter of Scott's feet, and soon enough, the blonde was walking into the living room, little bells and ornaments in his hand and tinsel wrapped around his neck and arms. There were little bits of glitter or fake snow in his hair- Mitch found it hard to tell which-, reflecting the light and making his hair look even better than it normally did. He also had a huge, childish smile on his face, lighting up his eyes.

"Yeessssss, Mitchy?" Scott cocked his head to the side, still displaying that goofy grin. Seeing him smile like that caused the sides of Mitch's lips to turn upwards into a ridiculous grin, too, and he chuckled, shaking his head slightly.

The baritone was over in three strides, wrapping Mitch is his arms. The movement cause the little bells to jingle, and Mitch thought he heard the sound of a string of tinsel snapping in two, but he wasn't sure. After all, there were arms wrapped around him and an expectant face looking down on him with slightly pouty lips.

Mitch rolled his eyes and pecked his lips quickly, disentangling himself from Scott's hug. He could already feel the tinsel tickling and itching him everywhere, even though it had barely touched him.

He was still confused. They didn't do decorations. Or at least, not at this level. Which is why he raised an eyebrow at Scott, silently asking what the fuck had gotten into him. The blonde just shrugged, pulling Mitch into a sideways hug again.

"Just felt like decorating the house! I mean, everyone will be coming over! Your family, mine, the band, friends... kids of band members and friends... that's a lot of people in total, Mitchy, we can't not decorate."

"And you didn't think to wait with decorating until I was home?"

"Wanted to surprise you!" Scott's enthusiasm made him smile, and while he hadn't been mad in the first place, more surprised and slightly shocked, he couldn't possibly not adore his fiancé right now.

"That's sweet, should I help with the remaining parts or are you done?" He prayed Scott was done. Mitch wasn't all too good at decorating or setting up stuff, and he was too small to reach high areas, but he could do the tiny detail stuff Scott was too clumsy for. But only if Scott wasn't done yet. And he hoped that he was.

"Yes, perfect! The kitchen just needs some finishing, that's it!" Mitch rolled his eyes, but followed his 6 foot something blonde into the already heavily decorated kitchen anyway, ready to help with the remainder of the decorations.