11 carols

word count: 466

Scott had always wanted to go caroling with Pentatonix, if only to see the reactions of people opening their doors to them bursting out in fully arranged and planned Christmas carols.

And while he had at one point convinced all four other members, and Mitch had gotten excited because he felt like he could handle it with his anxiety, their management had told him 'no'. It wouldn't be wise for their public image, and, in their minds, as soon as fans would start finding out, it wouldn't be safe for them to walk the streets of Los Angeles going carolling.

Scott was still salty about that, and had decided that this year was the year they would go carolling.

-

"No."

Scott slumped down, a pout on his face.

"Why not, Jonathan?"

"You know why, Scott. We've gone over this last year. And the year before.  And the year before that."

"Please?"

"No, Scott, you'll create absolute havoc by going out carolling."

Scott's eyes gleamed, a grin on his face. "I know, right, amazing!"

He was met with an exasperated sigh and the roll of Jonathan's eyes.

"Oh come on, Jon! We'll take Austin with us for security! And Esther too, to keep social media in check. We can even make a video out of it! We can promote the album so sales go up, and give households a discount or something. Oh, pleaaaaasee?"

Which was how the five of them, Austin, and Esther found themselves on the streets of LA in the middle of December, performing snippets of Christmas songs for a variety of people.

Not everyone was nice about it, they had gotten some doors slammed in their faces and some slurs thrown Mitch and Scott's- mostly Mitch's, sadly- way, after which the blonde would make sure the tenor was okay, while the others coldly turned away.

They had had doors opening and people screaming not even a second after. They had had a girl bursting out in tears, after which they had all laughed and hugged her. They had had old people who had stared at them in amazement, exclaiming how special what they were doing was.

Fans had freaked out when they found out the five were out carolling, bringing smiles to all their faces. No crazy fans had gone up to them, nor had anyone else, really. Most people that noticed them just listened to five magical voices setting the carolling standards a little higher with their modern versions of classic carols.

And at the end of the day, they sat beaming in the studio. They had been able to make a cute Christmas video out it, and Scott had a proud smile on his face, meeting Jonathans eyes for a second and smirking at him, mouthing an "I told you so".

this is messy. i dont like this. this is extremely late, too. i'm sorry i didn't get you anything better for carols. this was genuinely the prompt i'd been looking forward to the most :( maybe i'll give it another try once the prompts are over but idk.

(for the people who care, hot chocolate, the previous prompt, WILL most likely have a part two, as i really really fucking enjoyed that one)

anyway thanks for reading, tomorrow's prompt'll hopefully be better & on time. love you, don't forget to vote/comment/share/check out my other stuff (: