08 routine

word count: 690

It has become a routine for them by now. Every day contained the same small elements, even if they were entirely different.

In the morning, Mitch usually woke up first, untangling himself from Scott the best he could and the most he needed to order Starbucks to be delivered, or they would wake up at the same time and go to the store together. That one depended fully on whether they had to wake up at the same time to be somewhere or if they could sleep in.

They would then sip from their drinks while waking up, either walking back from the store or in the usual silence of their home. Those moments were usually spend chatting, laughing, sometimes sharing stories from their drunken night out before or from last night's show.

The rest of the day varied, but show days had the most routines in them. They could probably go through all of it with their eyes closed and asleep, which in a way, was a good thing.

They would head to the venue early, go through hair and makeup, and wear something comfy for soundcheck and the meet and greets.

After those, they used to just chill with everyone for a bit, but since a while they had changed that part up. Now, instead of hanging around with everyone sparing their energy and voices, having fun and relaxing before they would have to go to hair and makeup and do their outfits, they usually went to their dressing room immediately.

Some days they would just cuddle, maybe even doze off a little if they were tired, but it had become routine to share kisses and make out before shows, now. Other days they were sure to lock the door to their dressing room to prevent people walking in on them, because some things weren't as easy or just simply really awkward to explain.

Those days, it'd lead to Nicole having to cover up several hickeys and drastically fixing their hair. They hadn't told anyone of the change in their dynamic, but they were clearly getting suspicious towards the two "best friends" who were "always platonic".

But it was good, it was nice to let some steam go before they had to go on stage. Sometimes it affected them differently, though, and they wouldn't be able to stop staring during those shows, Scott forgetting his words more often than usual, and Mitch smirking at him because he knew exactly what had gotten the blonde so flustered.

They would shower, change into comfier clothes, and meet fans outside. The one to skip this most was Mitch, simply because of his increasing anxiety when meeting fans after an intensive day already. Scott and Mitch had worked out their own small routine within that, they would exchange a glance which told them enough about whether Mitch was going out with them, going straight to the tour bus, or if he was going out with them but needed Scott close by at all times. They would keep in contact the whole time, then, not let their gaze off of each other for too long, interlink pinkies and rest hands on backs whenever they could, all for that little sense of comfort. 

Nights would end with kisses peppered all over their bodies, Mitch getting the most of it until he fell asleep in his boy's arms, tangled up together.

The last part of the routine they called their day was one Mitch had no knowledge of, as he always fell asleep before Scott did. Right before the latter fell asleep, he would press a kiss to Mitch's forehead, murmuring a soft "I love you" pared with the promise that he was proud if him, that he was beautiful, and that one day they could maybe share more parts of their routine with the world, to make the romantic aspect of their daily dance known to others, and that one day, Mitch would be fully his, and he would be fully Mitch's. He just had to wait for the right time and place, for the right moment to shake up their routine a little.

idek what this is. hope you liked it? if you did, dont forget to leave a vote/comment and share this with others who you think might like it(, too).

love you, you're strong and beautiful and valid and i love you and if you need someone to talk to, you can always talk to me.