13 no power

word count: 320

They were in the middle of their last song before the encore when all the lights went out. When the microphones stopped working and when literally any electricity simply gave up.

Some people screamed, confused and scared at what was happening, and a lot of flashlights went on in an instant.

Calming down the chaos that occurred in the sold out arena, wasn't all that easy. Security walking between rows of chairs with flashlights, reassuring the crowd that everything was fine, but the power had cut off due to the snowstorm outside.

Meanwhile, five band members and a whole lot of crew were walking on the stage, huddled in a group together.

"We can't just stop now!"

"Yeah well we can't really do a show without power either."

"Aren't arenas meant for sound to travel and stuff like that?"

"Yes, but this arena is also sold out."

"So? If people just shut up we could do the encore still?"

"How do you want to solve the whole 'there's no light' matter, then?"

"Flashlights? Duh?"

"Okay, and what about telling everyone to shut up and be silent?"

"Oh"

In the end, crew members and megaphones solved that issue. It was weird, performing while barely being able to see and with no mics. Weird, because the silence was even more silent than during Light In The Hallway in their encore, where they always asked for complete silence.

It created some sort of magical atmosphere, of no screaming, no singing along, just a crowd being silent and simply listening, most of them not even able to see the band members.

There might not have been electricity or any sort of generated power they could use, but they surely felt powerful like this; silencing an arena, singing their hearts out on stage huddled in a circle. It felt intimate, even with thousands of people holding their breaths as the five sang two more songs.

late again, really hoping to not let this become a standard thing. (school's stressful, but will be less stressful after this weekend! yay! which means more time to write, and post these in the morning again, instead of at night.)

love you, thank you for reading/voting/commenting/sharing(/checking out my other stuff/feedback) 💗💗💗