15 playlist

word count: 659

Scott loved composing playlists. He loved making them for tours and the fans to listen to when getting inside of the venue, for themselves to get hyped before a performance, for parties. He loved making them for nights alone, nights with friends, ones to relax and ones to dance to. He loved composing a really nice playlist for Mitch at times.

He loved the look on Mitch's face when the little tenor tried to figure out what purpose of the playlist was this time. He loved how he puzzled the pieces together and how a look of euphoria overcame him, a little yell left his mouth and he told Scott exactly what the playlist was for.

There had been ones for wine nights, ones for silent evenings spend together on the patio, cuddled up and not really speaking but for small whispers. There had been ones that he made when Mitch wanted to impress a boy, or when he knew Mitch was going to hook up with someone and wanted a good soundtrack. Those weren't the ones he enjoyed most, but those were also a thing of the past.

There had only been one time when Mitch made Scott a playlist in return, and that was a petty attempt at Scott not cleaning up his dishes for almost a week and almost getting a stain on his new Balenciaga sweater. That playlist hadn't been hard to decipher, as the titles of the two songs literally spelled out "Friend, Please - Do The Dishes".

Today though, Mitch was having a harder time with the playlist. His brows were furrowed as he scrolled through the Spotify list. Usually, spotting a theme or connecting the titles to make a phrase was quite easy, but this time, he simply couldn't place it.

It included songs from their childhood, songs from theirselves, their personal favourites, some random songs he was sure Scott had just put in for the title, but he couldn't place it.

Until he did. It wasn't about the titles this time. It wasn't about the significance of the song to their lives. It wasn't about the lyrics or the genre or the theme of the song. This time, it was about the artists. And not about how they were connected or from when to when they made music or whatever. No, it was about the first letters in their name, the songs wisely arranged so that they formed a sentence.

Funny how he hadn't noticed that at first, as the artist's name was an obvious choice for Scott to go with, and not one he hadn't used before.

When Mitch noticed though, he swore his heart stopped beating for a moment, and he whipped his head to the side, only to meet Scott's eyes.

Mitch could tell he was nervous, hell, he had every right to be, but not to doubt what Mitch's answer was going to be. They were soft, and there was a little smile tugging at his lips. Scott's hand held a small box and a single red rose, and Mitch tried not to tear up.

"I- uhh, I was gonna write this whole speech about how much you mean to me and all that, but really I was browsing Spotify and I wanted to make you a new playlist soon and I wanted to do this soon too and then I decided to combine them and shit, I really should have gone for something more elaborate. You deserve better than this. Shit. I love you, though, a-" Mitch chuckled at the rambling boy, before shutting him up with a kiss.

"It's a yes, Scotty. And honestly? This was creative and you and us and fuck, I'd never reject you. Of course, Scotty."

They met for a kiss again, even though they were a mess by now. A crying, smiling mess that couldn't possibly be happier than they were now, together and full if promises and futures and forevers.

(the playlist: https://open.spotify.com/user/11130069301/playlist/2AVI34XAgcCA8ehR7Khm1M?si=ez09WAuNSZaWEhzQW9PkSw)

very late today. so sorry. was busy & didn't have any idea what to do.

love u thanks for reading don't forget that you're beautiful and amazing and valid and loves and that you can always talk to me if you wanna talk to someone.