12 snow

word count: 676

Their flight to New York wasn't delayed or cancelled, thank god. It had taken them a lot of effort to get two seats next to each other on this particular flight so last minute, and having it delayed or cancelled due to the expected snowfall would definitely ruin their little getaway.

Their New York trip hadn't been in the plans for long, but when they heard there were snow expectations, there hadn't really been any discussion. Scott had looked if there were work commitments that they had that week- which they hadn't-, and Mitch had gone off to search flights. It had taken him multiple calls, and a couple pleads with airlines, but they had gotten flights for that same evening.

During the flight, Mitch's anxiety had spikes up about the snow, because what if they'd get caught in a snow storm while flying or what if they would slip during the landing because it was icy and there was snow everywhere, but Scott had reassured him with a single squeeze of his hand, with the single motion that was hovering his hand over Mitch's thigh, of resting his head a little to the side so Mitch could lay his on Scott's shoulder.

Collecting their luggage took longer than it should have, probably. Scott's suitcase had been one of the firsts on the belt, but Mitch's two gigantic ones took a bit longer. Somewhere, Scott wanted to roll his eyes at Mitch's need to carry so much clothes with him at all times, especially since he tended to just repeat outfits instead of wear the twenty different ones he packed. He never did though, always laughing at Mitch's indecisiveness and assuring him that he looked good in whatever he was wearing.

There was barely any snow as they made their way to their hotel, just little flocks floating around but melting as soon as they hit the ground. It didn't stop Mitch from twirling and sticking out his tongue, catching little flocks of snow in his mouth. Scott just smiled as he watched on before joining Mitch, a huge smile on both of their faces. It was nice to act this careless once every often, and they hadn't seen snow in so long, that even the very limited amount of it made them feel giddy.

When they woke up the next morning, however, there was a lot of snow. Mitch yelled at Scott to turn off the lights as soon as Scott had opened a curtain, but it was really just the sun being reflected by a white mass of snow.

"Oh... my god. Mitchy!" He jumped, flailing his arms in excitement. "Get up! Look at the snow! There's so much!"

It took a little time to convince the tenor to actually get out of his warm and comfortable bed, but when he did, the covers wrapped around his body because he was too lazy to grab clothes and the covers were warm from being slept in the whole night, his eyes went wide, and his jaw dropped slightly.

"Ohmygod, Mitchy! Can we build a snowman! Please?"

Scott was already throwing on clothes, excited to get outside into the snow. And Mitch was too, really, he loved snow and couldn't wait to go outside and act like a carefree child again, but he had also just woken up.

"Are you kidding me? I need coffee first. And a shower." He pouted, cocking his head to the side as he saw Scott struggling with putting on a sock. "And you should shower first, too."

The blonde raised an eyebrow at him, not impressed.

"Uh, I'm not going out with you not having showered, Scott. You still smell like airplane for fuck's sake."

Scott continued putting on his socks, sitting on the floor now.

"What about we take a shower together, and then we can build a snowman?"

Mitch wasn't sure if he had seen Scott reverse his actions and throw off his clothes ever this fast, and a small satisfied smirk found its way to his face.

late again. sorry :(

love u thanks for reading hope u enjoyed check out my other stuff maybe too? votes + comments + feedback (+ sharing) make my day 💗💗