21 santa

word count: 784

Scott liked playing Santa at the mall. He adored the excited kids, loved making the ones that were a bit more shy laugh before they left him. Seriously, aside from singing, seeing the light on a little toddler's face was the one thing that brought him the most joy in the world.

"Lynn! No!" Scott perked up at the voice. Playing as Santa at the mall, he worked in a relatively quiet area. Sure, it was busy with parents and kids and there were some crying, but the high yell didn't escape his notice.

Not long after, he heard the patter of little feet, and saw a small blonde girl run towards him, cutting the row from beside. Mason, one of his friends who had dressed up as an elf for the occasion, arched an eyebrow at him, before putting his hand on the girl's shoulder.

"Hey little one, you can't cut the line. Santa's busy meeting–" Scott zoned out of the conversation, smiling widely at the next toddler and patting his lap for the boy to sit in.

He had almost forgotten about the little girl with blonde pigtails until the last kid of the day came along. She was in front of him again, along with a flushed brunette. Scott took a double take, and did some math in his head, concluding that they probably weren't related directly. He looked to young too have a kid already, about twenty three, with dark brown bangs swept to the side. He was also pretty. Scratch that, he was beautiful. Which maybe affected Scott's thoughts on his relationship with the toddler a bit too.

He realised he had been staring only when the impatient girl jumped up and down, letting out the word 'Santa!' multiple times. He shifted into his role soon enough, and smiled at her excitement, promising that if she was really good Santa would get her really nice presents. The little girl was a lot to deal with, but eventually she complied and took the hand of the brunette again, who smiled apologetically.

The brunette opened his mouth to speak, but before he even had to chance to, the toddler yelled again, tugging on his hand. "Mommy!" After looking in the same direction as the kid for a couple seconds, the brunette let go of her hand. Scott, in the meantime, had started gathering some of his things without being too obvious about it. There were still kids and he was still in a santa costume, after all.

The brunette smiled apologetically at him, and Scott couldn't help but stare at him. Which, he realised, was probably weird. Santa costume. Right.

"Sorry for her enthusiasm, I'm sure you're rather tired by now. It's just that my sister asked me to take her with me for a little so she could buy some more presents, and she really wanted to see Santa." Scott found himself nodding along, and realised that they had moved away from the main area, towards where he got changed.

He took a quick take around, still listening to the gorgeous boy in front of him, before he took of the itchy fake beard and hat, and threw the jacket away so that he was just wearing a shirt and the santa pants and boots now.

"It's no problem, really, she was cute," just like you, he noted with a smile. When the boy didn't respond and Scott found him just looking at him, mouth slightly open, he smirked a little.

"Hey, I need to go get changed and clean up some, but maybe meet me for coffee at Starbucks in fifteen?" He offered. Little forward, maybe, but this boy was goddamn beautiful and he'd be damned to let him go without at least trying.

"That- that'd be great. Yes. You want me to order coffee already?"

"Sure, surprise me with something nice. And- before you go, I didn't think I caught your name?"

"Oh. Right." The brunette's cheeks flushed red, and he looked down at the suddenly interesting floor. "Mitch. You?"

"Scott. I'll see you in fifteen, Mitch," he nodded, smiling a shyer than usual smile at the boy before turning away and walking towards the changing room, allowing it to grow into a broad smile.

He really had to hurry now and make sure he smelled nice and looked good and his hair- goddamn, his hair looked decent. Which was how Mason found his friend panicking in the dressing room, and leaned against the doorway with a smirk.

"Shut up, Mason."

Defending himself, he held up his hands. "I didn't even say anything, Hoying."

"Saw you raise your eyebrows though. Hey, does my hair look good like this?"

meh. merry christmas if you celebrate babes! im really hoping to catch up on this before december ends, but if not i'm just continuing till they end.

love you thanks for reading please remember that you're valid and loved and beautiful and that if there isn't someone else, im always here to talk to. i promise. love u lots