Coming Home (Emison)

Emily has been serving overseas in the United States Army for six months. She finally is allowed to fly home and surprises Alison

Alison sighs as she opens her eyes. It's ten o'clock in the morning and she knows she should get up and do something productive, grade those student papers, for instance, but she can't seem to find the strength to get out of bed.

She misses her girlfriend, Emily, who she hasn't seen in six long months. Weekly thirty-minute skype calls with Emily just aren't the same as having her girl here with her in their bed.

She misses her touch, her kisses, her scent, everything about her. She misses Emily so much that it physically hurts.

After about thirty minutes of laying in bed, she decides to drag herself out of bed and take a shower. Alison then changes into some leggings and one of Emily's hoodies. She smiles sadly because the hoodie still smells like her mermaid even after all these months.

Suddenly, there is a knock on the door. Alison walks to the front of the house and opens it. She gasps and tears fill her eyes as the person standing on the doorstep is revealed. Emily stands there, still dressed in her fatigues, bag by her side, grinning like a maniac.

It takes Alison only seconds before she is hurling herself into Emily's strong arms, crying hysterically.

Emily holds her close, placing kiss after kiss on the blonde's head, inhaling her sweet vanilla scent that she has missed so much.

"How? You're supposed to be overseas for another month," Alison finally asks, pulling away so she can stare deep into Emily's chocolate brown eyes.

"My commander said I could go home early because another wave of soldiers was coming to take my unit's place so we could all go home. I've missed you so much, Ali," Emily explains.

"I've missed you too," Alison smiles tearfully before connecting their lips in a loving, heated kiss.

The pair spend the rest of the day talking, making love, and just enjoying each other's company.

When the moon is high in the sky, Alison falls fast asleep, curled up in Emily's arms, her head on the brunette's bare chest.

"Goodnight Ali. I love you," Emily whispers, placing a kiss on her girl's head before falling asleep as well.