Chapter 2 ~ Routine

The routine was the same.

Every morning she would wake up and brush away her dried tears, and then check whatever new scar found its way onto her arm.

Through the beautiful large window with a built in window seat, yet covered with dark curtains, her expansive room would fill with dim morning light, making all the fluttering dust visible. The walls were a deep grey colour, and adorned with several Daughtry and other posters. The dark cherry wood floors was covered with a royal purple rug, a rug that covered the blood droplets. Her bed was a mess of purple and grey sheets and blankets, and her pillows on the other side of the bedroom, the result of thrashing from nightmares. The two beanbag chairs were covered with books and song lyrics. Her desk filed with papers, and her dresser adorned with old vintage trinkets.

The room was always the same: lacking color, life, and definitely showed her depressed mood.

After putting the bloody razor back into its small box and hiding it, Brandalynn got ready for school.

Not like her parents would come into her room anyways, but just to be safe, the box containing her relief was stashed inside an old dirty teddy bear. Sad how something sold for happiness was used to hide something used for pain.

Brandalynn walked into her walk-in closet. Many girls would DREAM of such a large closet, and being rich enough to fill it. Yet Brandalynn's closet was only half-full of dull coloured clothing. Blacks, whites, greys, purples, and blues were the basic colours Brandalynn had. She also had multiple pairs of Converse, ranging in colours such as black to purple to blue to white, either chucks or regular sneakers.

With a sigh, Brandalynn chose a V-neck long sleeved black shirt, white and black floral printed skinny jeans, and black converse. She Fish Tail braided her dark plum coloured hair (for she had dyed it with her friend Nyssa), put on a little mascara and eyeliner, put on her Silver and Violet necklace, and silently went downstairs.

Her house was huge, hence why it was a mansion. Upstairs, with a lounge area separating both sides,  was the Master Bedroom on one side, then her bedroom, and 2 guest bedrooms, each with their own bathrooms on the opposite side of the lounge. Not to mention the Laundry.

When you went down the Great Cherry Wood Staircase in the Lounge, it led you straight to the front door. To your left would be the Kitchen and Great Dining Room. To your right would be the living room, a powder room, a library and an office. There was also 2 other bedrooms toward the back of the house, and another bathroom.

So much space for only 3 people.

Brandalynn cut a thin slice of the pound cake she had bought the other day at the bakery down the street with her own money, for her parents practically paid her for staying away from them and so she received hundreds of dollars per month. She poured a small glass of milk, and peered outside at the sunny day, while nibbling on the scrumptious cake.

How cheerful it looked, even to people so gloomy.

After going back upstairs to grab her plain black Jansport backpack, Brandalynn left her house and walked to the bus stop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The bus ride was lonely as usual. Brandalynn just stuck her Ear buds in her ears, and listened to music the whole way to school.

One by one students exited the bus and poured into the parking lot of their high school. Freshman were gallivanting, Sophomores were talking, Juniors were preppy, and Seniors were acting like Superstars. Brandalynn went to blend in with her Sophomore class, and joined her group of "friends."