Chapter 4 ~ Flirtatious

Brandalynn sat on the cold bus seat, alone, as usual.

In fact, everything seemed to go as usual.

She was alone, the bus was loud, Jay sat in the back... But he laughed less often than the other day.

How did she know it was Jay's laugh? Not even Brandalynn knew.

But yup, pretty casual.

~~~~~~~~~

At school, the causality continued.

No one assigned homework, the classes were pretty easy... Scratch that. Mrs. Manning made Third Class a nightmare.

After Mandy's mentos prank, Mrs. Manning went on a scolding lecture. Going on and on about how you should respect your elders, and behave, and have manners, and not be rude, and so on and so forth.

"... I want a 2 page essay about how and why to have respect, manners, and being able to behave. Due by end of class!" Mrs. Manning stated.

Of course, there just had to be that ONE person...

"How does this relate to Science?" one student in the back asked.

Mrs. Manning snapped her head in his direction.

Jason, a tall blonde jokester, was keeping a straight face to see what Mrs. Manning would say.

She gave him a hard stare, while contemplating what to say.

At last, she responded, "A 3 page essay about the SCIENCE of having respect, manners, and being able to behave." She corrected.

"I thought it was 2 pages!" Another student, Mike, protested.

"Well because Jason here wanted to be smart, and we all know he clearly isn't, I think we can all do this essay," Mrs. Manning said.

"Put down!!!!!" Mandy yelled.

"Ya!" Mike agreed.

"That hurt Mrs. Manning," Jason fake sniffled.

"Grow up" Mrs. Manning snapped.

A lot of "Ooooh burn!"s erupted.

"When is it due?" Jen's childlike hand raised.

"First thing tomorrow's class," Mrs. Manning replied sweetly, which was totally a change from a moment ago's demeanor.