Chapter 6 ~ Need

Brandalynn hated weekends. When most teens her age praised the days off, she hated them.

Two days of staying home, doing nothing, and being alone, with only her thoughts for company.

Her thoughts were dangerous things.

She didn't see her parents much at all, with the exception of watching them leave the house with her Dad's business partner.

As soon as they left for certain, Brandalynn could have the house to herself, and her thoughts and terrors would come out to play.

But her thoughts seemed to always travel to Jay.

Why the hell did he have to be such a turd and leave me hanging like that? Cliffhanger much, Brandalynn thought and scoffed.

Haha, like Rick Riordan... That blooming troll, Brandalynn thought. Hey, no matter her age he was still her favourite author!

Brandalynn wondered what he knew.

The Cuts? Depression? Both? None?

She knew this would be a dangerous game to play.

Yet, what did she have to lose?

Her life?

Take it. She didn't want it.

.

~~~~~~~~~~

.

Brandalynn strolled around the grand yet lonesome house.

She kept her phone nearby at all times.

She had an iPhone 5c that was white, plain. Her violet galaxy printed case  was what added colour to the phone.

Her music library was filled with hundreds of songs, most of them by Daughtry, but still a lot by Coldplay, Imagine Dragons, Passenger, Evanescence, Linkin Park, Bastille, Arctic Monkeys, Goo Goo Dolls, and many many more.

Music seemed to calm her down, and the lyrics singing her mind away.

But music wasn't all she had on it.

She had all the girls from the group's numbers, and a few others.

Yet, despite the connections, no one talked to her, and she didn't wish to start a conversation with any of them.

They would get bored anyways. They always did. And then they'd leave. They always leave...