It Hasn't Been 27 Years Yet!

"Remind me again why we're at the library?" Richie asked us.

No one answered him no one knew.

"Are we going to read about that stupid clown? If we are, he's not coming back for another 27 years!"

"IT Richie. Not he. IT." Stanley said obviously annoyed.

"Can we stop talking about the clown. Remember last time we talked about the clown?" Eddie said hurriedly and taking out his inhaler.

"What happened last time you talked about the clown?" I asked them. They all tensed up a bit, especially Eddie.

"Wuh-we were at the st-state fair a few y-years ago and we w-were talking about IT." Bill said to me looking down at the ground.

"Then a circus clown passed us while we were walking. Except it wasn't a circus clown." Mike told me. As Mike said this Eddie took in his inhaler.

"It was Pennywise. He had that... awful smile with layers of teeth, and behind his back were red balloons." Ben said to me. A shiver went through my spine.

"But he can't be back yet. It hasn't been 27 years.." I said. Is it possible that he could have come back.

"Maybe he c-can come back wuh-when ever he w-wants." Bill said.

"Guys I'm not fighting another clown." Stan said remembering how the clown disguised himself as the woman from the picture and almost made Stan dinner.

Richie put his arm around Stan's shoulder. "Don't worry Stanney Boy, we don't have to worry about that for another.. 24 years!" Richie was doing one of those stupid accents like he used to.

Stan stopped abruptly, making everyone stop and look at him. "What if..What if I don't want to come back in 24 years. I'll be out of Derry and far away!" Stan said. Everyone was looking at him.

"We made a promise guys." I said, "I'm not so sure about you, but I intend to keep that promise."

"Onward to the library!" Richie said and starting walking again.

No one talked for the rest of the way. Everyone was thinking about what Stan had said and.. Did anyone else feel this way?

When we got to the library there was only a few other people in here. We all sat down in the section called 'History of Derry.'

"Doesn't Ben have one of these at his house?" Richie asked us picking up a book.

Ben took the book and flipped through the pages. It was a book, full of picture of Derry. Most of them were pictures of special events. Ben put the book back on the shelf.

We spent a few hours at the library flipping through books. People went and came, but one girl came and stared at Stan. She had long blonde hair and she had an average body figure.

I tapped Stan on the shoulder. "What?" He asked me.

"Who's that?" I nodded my head in the direction of the girl.

"Oh that's Polly." He said returning to the book he was looking through.

All the losers, except Stan, looked at Polly. She started to walk towards us.

"Hi Stan!" She said completely ignoring us.

"Hi Polly." Stan said looking still looking at his book.

"Can I talk to you?" Polly asked him twirling her hair.

Stan grunted and got up. They walked a few aisles away. We were all dead quiet. I could hear them arguing. Then it was quiet again and Stan came back.

"Guys we should go." Stan said. Everyone looked at him for a minute then got up and put the books they were reading away.

While everyone was walking home I learned that Polly was his girlfriend Polly. I thought it was just a name coincidence.

Soon we all parted separate ways and we all agreed to meet at Bill's house tomorrow.