Dinner

Dinner at the Denbrough's house was usually quite fun, but tonight everyone was quiet. Bill's father has fallen ill and is in the hospital. The doctors say he doesn't have long to live. That's dragging a toll on Bill and his mom. Mrs. Denbrough is the first to finish her dinner so soon it is just Bill and I at the table.

"B-Bev?" Bill asks me not making eye contact.

"Yes Bill?"

"H-How'd your m-mother die?"

I wasn't expecting Bill to ask me this. I thought about it for a minute.

"She had cancer." Is all I say. I couldn't remember much about her but I know she used to work at a small restaurant in Derry and when I started to mature she would ask me if my father ever touched me. Of course I was confused but later learned what she meant by that.

"O-Oh." Bill said bringing me out of my thoughts.

"I'm going to do the dishes." I say taking his finished and mine halfway finished dishes to the sink.

I heard him sigh and walk over to me with the drinks and putting them in the sink.

"I-I'm sorry I a-asked." He said.

"It's ok, I don't mind." I say cleaning the dishes with a wash cloth.

When I finished the dishes I took a shower and crawled into bed. I stayed awake for a bit, waiting for Bill to come in. It has become a nightly habit for him to come into my room. Soon I heard footsteps and my door open. I smiled as Bill laid down next to me.

"Hi."

"Hi."

Then we both fell asleep.

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter I'm in a rush this morning because I have to drop off my sister and other stuff so yeah. Till next time fellow Losers.