Beach Date {G}

Grayson and I have been on a couple dates and I think I'm really starting to like him, he's very sweet, and funny.

We're about to go on a date at the beach, and It'll be fun but I'm very insecure about my body.

When people think of black girls they think of the big butts, which is somehow a trend now. (AN: and its ridiculous) I'm the exact opposite, I'm very skinny with no butt, and I have scars on my legs and arms. Not from cutting just clumsy.

I'm just hoping Grayson will except me for who I am.

~~~~~~~~

The windows were rolled down and the breeze was flying through my braids.

"Are you excited to get in the water" Grayson asked excitedly.

"Yess I'm so excited, I haven't been to the beach in forever" it's true I haven't been to the beach in a really long time but I just can't bring myself to put on a swimming suit.

The only reason I agreed to this was because I didn't want him to think of me as the black girl who doesn't want to get her hair wet and can't swim. He's a really nice guy.

We were getting closer and closer to the beach and I was getting really really nervous. "Almost there" he has such a big smile on his face, you can tell he's excited and actually wants to be here. Not saying I don't, I'm just nervous.

We parked the car and got out. It felt so nice and I really wanted to just take off this cover up and get in the water.

"Ready?"

"Yup!" He sounded so cute with his toothy grin.

As we were approaching the beach Grayson took off his shirt Damn he is fine. He picked some random chairs and started placing his stuff down. I gave myself a mini pep talk and slowly started taking off my cover up. Grayson was staring me up and down and just smirked.

Maybe the scars and dark spots aren't as noticeable as I make them seem.

"You look really good" he said as he looked down to the ground and blushed. Why is he so sweet.

"Thanks" my confidence boosted by ten thousand percent. I thought he would notice and stare at the flaws, but he didn't.

——-

"Can I have a vanilla milkshake, please"

After we were done at the beach Grayson asked me if I wanted ice cream. Of course I said yes.

"And can I have a strawberry milkshake?" He asked nicely to the girl.

She said "Of course you can" in a really sweet flirtatious voice and winked. I pretended to not notice to see if he would be loyal, even though it's only our second date.

He acted like nothing happened, and didn't really seem to be looking at her any differently then before, which was normal and polite.

Once we got our milkshakes we sat down and started talking about anything.

I think we're gonna work out.