Ch 16 - Check

Rias angry and Irina a wreck. Time to wake up and get yourself in check. A Knight can be edgy but must maintain composure.

Enjoy.

~~~~~

With a heavy migraine you wake up in your bed. Shirt off with something putting pressure on your chest.

Man my head. Geez. Irina? Your girlfriend was asleep still in here school attire. Weird. She went to sleep far past the time Akeno put you out cold. Was waking up in very morning hours forte or just not being able to catch a break? "Irina?"

The sweet Angel makes herself comfortable. Then call her name one more time. "Baby?" She answered.

"Hey. What happened? And what's with the towel?"

She picked it up and threw it to the floor. "I didn't want to get you dirty and wet."

"I feel foggy. Can you fill me in?"

"You got out of control again. You wanted to make the Fallen Angel brain dead before you killed him. You wanted to completely destroy him. Akeno zapped you out of your misery and took care of him." She hugged you tightly. "I've been trying to hold it all back but I can't. Asia was told by Rias not to heal you. I didn't know when you would wake up. I must have fell asleep." Her heart was pounding. She was a total mess.

"Guess I do deserve that."

She did something no one would ever see coming. Rias when the time was right. Asia here and there. But Irina slapped the left side of your face with her hand. Time just stopped. When you saw the slap it was slow motion. "Please. Snap out of it."

"Irina... I made you cry. I'm a bastard."

"Stop it! You don't have to put yourself down. Just stop. You're better than that. We both know it. Please."

"You're right." Tears fall down both sides. "I need to do better. It's not about strength. My father wouldn't like this. I have to make him and my sword proud. You too."

You grabs the towel again. It's going to be needed. "But Honey I already am. I'm yours even though sometimes in that rage I know I don't feel it from you. We're starting tomorrow. Let's do some recovery. And if you're good tomorrow we might do a date."

"Date?" We haven't been on a date. I am so stupid.

"Dinner maybe?"

"Don't have to tell me twice. Let's go."

"Not so fast. Rehab now Gaius."

"Gaius?"

"A Knight known to be honorable, strong, protective, and had a clear vision. You can be him and better."

"How can I compete with that?"

"Simple. You're my lover."

"Me better than a Knight in stories? That's a tall order. Are you sure? Meh. No matter. Challenge accepted. Now. Prepare for morning. Ummm... I'll be outside while you change."

"You promise not to be dirty if you see me?"

"Yes. Why?"

"Then stay and lay down. I want to lay on your chest. It's kind of warm so I'm just going bra and underwear."

"Ahhh..." She serious? That's crazy coming from her. "You sure?"

"Yes Dear. Now please lay down. We have a big day ahead before and after school." And the fact I am going to keep you in line. And not everyone sees me in my alone bed attire.