Makin' Up

* Brielle's POV *

It was almost 11:30 and Camille was just getting in. I was watching tv in the living room, eating popcorn. I rolled my eyes at her presence.

She came in and sat beside me. I didn't even acknowledge her. She sighed, as I laughed on the inside.

"Brielle?" She had finally said.

I wouldn't answer her, instead I turned up the tv up louder. That ticked her off.

"You know what, fuck it then! I ain't about to kiss your ass to try and talk to you. Goodnight." She said, as she marched up the stairs.

I smacked my lips. I didn't really give a damn.

When it got 12, I went upstairs. Camille was already sleep. I got into my bed, and stared at her for awhile which got me to thinkin' about some things.

Camille is my bestfriend, my right hand, my backbone, my rod etc. There's no way I could stay mad at her for long. We'll just see how things work out in the morning.

"You can stop staring at me now." She said, which scared me.

I smiled, but I didn't reply. I only closed my eyes, then I instantly went to sleep.

In the morning

I woke up and noticed Camille was in the room. I got up and made my way to bathroom. I had to pee bad.

Once I started getting close to the door, I heard soft whimpers.

"What's going on?" I whispered.

I opened the door and saw Camille holding my mother crying silently. Once I saw my moms bruised and bloody face I grew angry and upset.

"What the hell happened to her!?" I yelled.

"Y-your da-dad." Camille hiccupped.

My mother wasn't saying anything, she held her head down low. I guess she finally realized that she can no longer go on with this.

I went over to her, and hugged her tight. She cried in my arms, and Camille cried with her. I tried not to, but the tears fell anyway.

"I don't know where I went wrong with that man! Why does he treat me so badly, huh? I gave up EVERYTHING for him!"

I listened to my mom vent, telling her it was gonna be okay. Camille had got up and went to get some wet towels.

She cleaned my mothers face, and put peroxcide on her deep cuts. My mom fliched, but let Camille continue anyway.

I watched as Camille neatly patched up her cuts. She did it so well.

"Camille how did you do that so easy?" I asked, as she finished up.

She shrugged.

"I guess I'm used to it." She said.

My heart broke, and I regretted even asking her that.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

"It's fine, come on and help me put momma in the bed. One of ours though. He might come back."

I nodded in agreement, then we carried my mom to our room. Camille decided that she should sleep on her bed, and I just simply said okay.

"I don't even wanna go to school." I said, making Camille look over at me.

"Me either." She mumbled. I noticed how tired Camille looked.

"Are you still mad at me?" She asked.

I smiled and then rolled my eyes playfully.

"You know I can't stay mad at you for long."

She smiled big, then ran over to give me a big bear hug. I hugged her back even tighter.

"Good, now come on so I can tell you about me and Brandon!" She yelled, as she got out of the embrace.

I chuckled at her, and then followed her downstairs. We sat at the kitchen table and I waited for her to begin.

She told me everything, from how they met and how it is now. I can't believe they were already together. I didn't think Camille could fall for him so easily.

"Damn Mille, already?" I asked.

She gave me a look, but I didn't think much of it.

"Uh yeah, is that a problem?" She asked, crossing her arms.

"Not really, I just.. Think it's a little too early. Don'tcha think?" I asked.

"Look I don't need you judging me. We like each other! And personally.. I would really like to see where it goes. Whether you're with it or not."

I looked at her stunned, then put my hands up in surrender.

"Do you."

Just then her phone had rung. She looked at it and did a huge smile. Must be Brandon.

"Hey baby." She answered.

"Oh nothing, hanging with Brie. We decided not to go to school today."

I watched her talk to him and I got jealous. I mean, I knew him first! Now she's getting all the attention.

"Um Camille?" I said, not taking my eyes off her.

She blushed and giggled at something Brandon said. Completely ignoring me.

I cleared my throat.

"CAMILLE!" I yelled.

She looked at me confused, then told Brandon to hold on for a sec.

"What?" She asked.

"I.. I um, nevermind! I'm going back to bed."

I stormed out of the kitchen, and went upstairs to my bedroom. My mommy was asleep, so I tried not to be so loud.

But I was so angry and I don't know why.. Did I like Brandon? No! I couldn't have. I love him like a brother.

I just.. I don't know. I don't like him talking to Camille. I didn't even want him knowing her!

Hell, all this sudden change. I was used to the way things used to be.

It'll never be the same. I'll never feel comfortable around them. I know now, that I'll be the third wheel.

Am I that bitter?

That selfish?

All this thinking made me want to scream and pull my hair out!

I flopped down on my bed, and started swingin' at nothing in particular. My breathing became heavy, as I looked down at the floor and cried angry tears.

I began rubbin' my arms softly, then I stroked my hair a bit.

I have got to get it together. If not.. I may end up hurtin' someone.

I don't want to, honestly. I love the both of them. But this issue I have.. this voice I have in my head is controlling me! It tells me things, I don't even really take notice of.

It upsets me.

I'll be fine though..

At least I hope.

I Just Wanted To Give You Guys An Insight On How Brielle Is Taking Things. Oh Yeah, I Changed Brandon's Character. I Found The Original Person He Was Before. You Can Go To The Chapter "Let's Get This Money B." To See It In The MM.

Next Chapter Will Be MAJOR drama !

Vote 👌

Mookie ❤️❤️