New Me

* Camille's POV *

Yesterday was perfect.. almost.

The fact that the people who are supposed to care and love me the most think I should 'toughen up' really bothers me.

They don't know what i've been through. They don't know what it feels like to be beat or raped. And they definitely don't know how it feels to left.

I know the last one was harsh, but that's just how I feel.

They don't understand. They'll never understand.

But just for the sake of my well-being.. I guess it would be okay to try and get some tough skin.

Right now, I was on my way to school. I didn't want to bother Brandon, so I called my father.

20 minutes later

"Thanks daddy." I said as he helped me out of the car.

"You're welcome baby." He said as he pushed me inside the schoolhouse.

Thank God, school was about out. I'll be graduating early next year, whoop whoop!

My father rolled me to the office and we patiently waited for my principle.

"Hello Camille baby, it's glad to have you back." Ms. Johnson, my science teacher had told me.

"Thank you." I smiled.

My father had his eyes on her. I smirked as he watched her every move. He caught me staring and blushed.

"Aww." I cooed.

"Oh hush." He said smiling.

Finally, my principle came out and shook hands with my father.

"Ah, Ms. Davis! Glad to have you back." He greeted.

"Thanks." I smiled.

"Now I understand that you're going to need someone to help you along the way.. who exactly do you prefer?" He asked.

"Brielle." I stated with no hesitation. Even though I haven't really talked to her in over a month, but i'm hoping she won't be too mad. I don't trust anyone else.

The room had gotten silent when I mentioned her name. Was that a problem?

"Ah, that's a bit of an issue." My principle told me, as he placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Why is that?" My father asked.

"Well, it was told to me that Brielle was sent to prison."

My jaw dropped. How come nobody told me?

"For what?" I nearly yelled.

"I don't know, no one told."

"Let me talk to you for a minute sir, i'll be back baby girl." My father had said.

I nodded.

After all of about 10 minutes my father came back out and smiled at me. While my principle looked kind of nervous.

"Camille, me and your father had made some arrangements." My principle started.

He glanced at my father, as he gave him a serious look.

"Your work will be sent to you. However, I will not count you absent."

I smiled but I just knew that wasn't possible. My father had to threathen the man, but oh well.

We left out and my father drove towards Brandon's house.

Although yesterday we had PLENTY of fun, I was still on edge about the little thing he asked me to do.