Toughen Up.

* Brielle's POV *

I ran as fast as I could around the cafeteria before I pulled down by my hair.

"Ah! You stupid bitch!" I yelled as I kicked my enemy in the stomach.

We rolled over and I was on top.

"You like fucking with people, huh!?" I yelled as I repeatedly punched her in the face.

Aleeyah came from somewhere and broke it up.

"What happened?" She questioned looking down at the huge man-looking female I had just fought.

"She started chasing me." I said between breaths.

"Why?" Aleeyah asked again as she pulled me to the other side of the cafeteria.

I sat down at our table and caught my breath before shrugging.

"I don't know." I mumbled.

Honestly, I was sick of being bullied. I guess my anger was tired of being stored away. I had to release it somehow.

"You know they're gonna call the dean. You might have kitchen duty with me for the rest of the week." She explained.

"That'll be fine with me." I whispered closing my eyes.

I rubbed my now bruised and scraped arms as they burned. I winced and Aleeyah gave me a look of sympathy.

"You good honey?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little beaten up." I replied.

Aleeyah stayed silent like she was in deep thought. That's when I turned my attention to the raggedy big red clock on the wall. It was almost time to leave the cafeteria.

"Gosh, I'm hungry." I whined.

"My auntie is bringing us something after everyone leaves, so just sit tight." Aleeyah soothed me.

I nodded and smiled at her. Aleeyah sometimes reminded me of Camille. Sweet and innocent. Maybe we can all be friends when we get out of here.

10 minutes later the cafeteria was completely empty. No guards or anything. Just me, Aleeyah and officer Wilks.

"You two ladies hungry?" Officer Wilks asked as she smiled.

I really admire her for doing this, she could lose her job.

"Yes ma'am." We both replied.

She looked around first and then told us to follow her. When we got there she had two bags of chinese food waiting on us. Plus some more snacks.

I silently praised God.

Aleeyah hugged and thanked her aunt.

"Y'all be sure to hide these things now, don't get caught. But if you ever do, i'll be willing to take the bid." She told us.

We nodded and headed off to our cells, while everyone else was busy with pretty much chores.

We made sure to sneak past guards without them noticing us.

"Aleeyah." I said as I opened up my food.

"Yes?" She answered.

"You're a great friend." I told her honestly. I just hope she doesn't freak when I tell her about my problems.

She just smiled at me and gave me a huge hug. I smiled and hugged her back.

* Brandon's POV *

Last night was crazy. I mean physco crazy! I just know baby girl is shook.

Last night she cried herself to sleep as I held her. It got me thinking though.

The stuff we did last night was nothing compared to other things we have done in the past. If Camille couldn't handle last night, how could she handle the lifestyle I live?

I hope she understands that being with me is dangerous. And it doesn't help that she's the daughter of the former drug lord of Atlanta. Not to mention Kendrick.

Right now we were eating breakfast in silence. She didn't go to school today. I'm taking full advantage of that.

"Bae?" I asked.

She didn't say anything, she just looked at me.

"You want to open your gifts now?" I asked.

That got her to smile. I know she's been waiting to open them, but so much shit has happened.

"I'll let you get them under one conditon." I told her.

"What is it?" She replied.

"You gotta toughen up for me."

* Kendrick's POV *

Shit has been crazy over the past 24 hours. Swear to God, a nigga was bugging.

Right now I was on my way to Brielle's house. She been lowkey lately.

And I haven't heard Camille talk about her, which is strange. I wonder if they're beefing?

Nah, they've been friends for too long. She's probably been hiding.

It took me at least 15 minutes to get to Brielle's house. I knocked on the door and her mother answered.

She smiled at me and gave me a hug. Ms. Cynthia was always a sweet lady.

Besides my grandmother, she too was a mother figure for me and mostly Camille.

"Hey baby, come on in!" She excitedly said.

I walked in and sat down on her couch. I noticed how clean things were. I nodded my head in approval as she sat down beside me.

"So what brings you by?" She asked me.

"I came to see Brielle, is she around?" I asked.

When I mentioned her name her attitude changed. I couldn't figure out if she was sad or angry. I just knew right then that Brielle had done something stupid.

I stared at Ms. Cynthia and noticed she had a few scars and bruises. They didn't look new, but they were still noticeable.

What the hell happened?

"Well, I see she hasn't told you guys."

"Told us what?" I asked.

"Brielle was sentenced 1 year in prison." She announced as she began walking into her kitchen.

My mouth formed a 'O' shape and I sat back with my eyes closed.

What the fuck did she do?

* Anonymous POV *

8:15 pm.

I've been watching Brandon and Camille all day. They make me so fucking sick.

Camille was supposed to be mine! But Brandon was so fuckin' quick to cuff her.

On my momma, he will regret it. Baby girl isn't fit for him anyways.

She'll be mine.

And when she is.

She'll love me like no other.

Uh oh, who do y'all think that was? Be careful on who you trust in this story now ;)

Vote 😘

Comment 👌

Mookie ❤️

And don't forget to read 'The New Girl.'

Let me know what you guys think PLEASE, i'm starting to think y'all don't like it :(

Feedback would mean so much to me....