Twenty

Twenty

We talked casually for a while. And when I saw for "a while", it took a couple of hours bago namin namalayang dumidilim na pala.

"Hindi ka pa ba uuwi?" Tanong niya sa akin.

I shrugged. "I don't want to go home. I don't want to stay here either."

"Is that a cue for an invitation?" Napatingin ako sa kanya. In gray light, he looks towering and his features are more sharper than usual.

"What do you mean?"

"Why don't you visit my place?" He pulled himself up and dusted off his pants. The light from the candle is flickering, the wind is rising. Giniginaw na rin ako. The cold air is seeping into the thin fabric of my black band shirt. "Don't worry. My family knows Annie so it wouldn't sound weird or whatever if I introduce you to them."

"Okay, sure." I answered without hesitation. I pulled myself up as well and grabbed my bag sitting on the ground. Sinundan ko si Harry papalabas ng sementeryo. I spotted the familiar car parked outside of the cemetery but instead, he proceeded into the limo and open the door. Napatingin ako sa kanya.

"Isn't that your sister's car—"

"She's here. So I'm not driving." He said casually. "C'mon."

I climb inside the limo. The driver in all black and gold uniform greeted me politely and silently. The soft cushion feels so good. Ngayon ko lang naramdaman na nangangawit na pala ako sa kakaupo kanina sa may puntod ni ate.

And I also have this feeling that this Harry guy is not just rich, he's fucking wealthy. Hindi ako nagkamali when we entered the Martinelli estate that is intricately carved on large wood just before the massive gate.

Harry must've noticed that my eyes were fixed on signage because he said, "My father is german, if that's what you're thinking,"

"Oh?" I fidgeted with my fingers. "Cool."

We stopped after entering the gate. Naunang lumabas si Harry. When I step out of the limo, a beautiful landscaped garden welcomed me. I spotted a golf cart heading towards our direction.

"Good afternoon po Sir." Said a man in his early 40's wearing the same uniform with the driver of limo.

"Good afternoon." Harry said politely. Napatingin siya sa akin kaya natataranta kong iniyuko nang bahagya ang ulo ko.

"Good afternoon din po."

The old man chuckled. "Saan po kayo Sir?"

"Sa pool nalang po." He said calmly before he settled himself inside the golf cart. Tinabihan ko siya. All the way to the pool, they were occassionally chatting with the golf cart driver. He seemed very fond of him.

"Nagpunta na naman po ba kayo kay Ma'am Annie ngayon?"

Harry's lips went into a thin line. I tear my gaze away from the large mansion I spotted in a distance and looked at him.

"Opo."

The man just nodded. Hindi na siya nagsalita pa at hindi na rin sila nag-usap hanggang sa makarating kami sa pool.

"Gusto niyo po ba nang maiinom, Sir?"

"Yes, please. Pakisabi kay Sylvia dalhan kami ng dalawang diet coke."

"Uh, I prefer chocolate. Is that okay? I don't drink soda."

"Oh?" He shoved his hands into the pockets of his jeans. "How about Chuckie? We have lots of it."