T E N

For the past week, Grayson stopped treating my sister, my friends, or me like shit. Actually, he was really concerned about my safety or things like that. Well, there still are a few comments, but it's not like before.

"What's wrong with him?" I ask my sister as we stretch for P.E.

"I don't know. They both act so weirdly."

"Since that party. Something happened there. But what?" she looks at the floor and says absolutely nothing. "What?"

"Nothing."

Ethan and Grayson watch us and I feel weird. I don't like being watched.

"What if Grayson likes you?" she whispers and I chuckle.

"That's not possible. First, he has a girlfriend. Second, he hates me. And the feeling is mutual."

"What if it's not?"

"You're crazy, I swear. Grayson Dolan? Like me? Over my dead body."

"Come on, Kathy! You know it's true. I mean, look at him. He's all over you."

I laugh again at the thought of me and Grayson dating. We all know it will never, ever, happen. He is too self-centered to care about anyone else besides him. It still surprises me that he has a girlfriend, even though they don't love each other, they only enjoy the sex together.

"What are you thinking?" she asked.

"Nothing. Doesn't matter."

But, why should I lie? I would like to be the one who Grayson loves. The one he'd kiss for Good Night, Good Morning and every stupid thing. I'd like to call him mine. And I shall be his. I'd like to be the one he presents to his parents, even though they used to be my second pair of parents.

What am I talking about? I clearly am out of my mind. Me and Grayson? Dating? That's a big joke. I can't believe I'm thinking about it. I'm stupid.

"Why are you smiling?"

"I just had the most stupid thought." she raises an eyebrow. "Me and Grayson dating," I whispered. She bursts into laughter. "Shh."

"Miss Murray, be quiet!"

"We're sorry, Mr. Turner." I apologize.

^^^

"I have good news!" I hear my mom from downstairs.

I leave my room in sync with Chelsea and Jeremy. We walk down the stairs and see our mom. She looks really happy. It's 11 pm. How can she be in such a good mood at this hour?

"What?" Jeremy asks.

I see my dad leaving the kitchen with a robe on him.

"Lisa called me today and invited us to have dinner, on Saturday. It's been a while since we dined together, so I had to accept it. So, remember. On Saturday, at 5 pm, dinner over Dolan's."

Oh, shit! No! Why? Why now? I mean, last time we ate together was a few months ago, because my mom did her 5000 surgery. And, of course, we had to celebrate.

"Now, you can go back to sleep. Good night!"

I follow Chelsea and almost scream. I don't want to go there! I mean, I still love their parents and Cameron - sadly, she is in college now - but the twins are the problem. I can't go. I'll find something, so I can stay at home.