F I F T E E N

Two Weeks Later

Ethan, Chelsea, Meredith and even Zack had tried to keep me away from Grayson as much as they could. Every time I would ask them if they were doing that, they would deny. But, they all suck at lying.

Also, I don't know why they did that. Again, I know it was my fault too, but I'm too scared to admit it.

"You know you can go sit with Lily, Clarisse, and the other girls, right?" I ask Meredith and Chelsea.

Yep, they're still not talking to me. And neither to Chelsea and Meredith, because they chose to stick with me. I thought we were best friends, but I think I was wrong.

"Are you mad? And leave you alone?"

"Plus, I'm not going to them. They left us."

"Thank you, guys."

I smile, and they do the same. But, when Chelsea checks her phone, she changes completely. She's worried.

"We should leave. I mean, we finished eating. We should head to the classrooms."

She gets up and elbows Meredith.

"That's right. We should go. Like right now."

"We have 10 minutes left. I'm not moving."

"Kathy, come on! Please!"

"Ugh, fine!"

I sigh and grab my bag. I place it on my shoulder and follow them. Right before we leave the cafeteria, Ethan, Grayson, Sarah and the other fuckboys enter. So this is why they wanted to hurry up. I knew it!

"Hey, Ethan!" I stop to talk to him, but the girls try to drag me out of here.

"Hi!"

He says back and scratches the back of his neck. An awkward silence falls on all of us. In the corner of my eyes, I see Grayson staring at me pretty intense. Is he checking me out?

"There's a party over mine's this Friday. You should come," says Aaron and breaks the silence.

"Sure. We'll be there." I smile. I see Grayson again clenching his jaw and his fists. What is wrong with him?

"Perfect."

"We have to go," says Chelsea and drags me away from them.

"Oh my God! What's your problem?" I ask her laughing.

"We're not going to that party."

"Why not?"

"Because."

"Because... what?"

"Just shut up."

I roll my eyes. I keep up with them to Meredith's locker.

^^^

"Kids, I have big news!"

I hear my mom from downstairs. Last time she said that we dined at the Dolan's.

I walk down the stairs with Chelsea and Jeremy. We all stare at our mom. She has a big smile on her face. It's not good.

"This year we're not going at your Grandma for Thanksgiving."

"What?" asks Jeremy.

"Why?" continues Chelsea.

"And how are these good news?" and this is me.

"Well, Lisa called me today and" I know what she'll say. "she invited us at Thanksgiving dinner over theirs." shoot. I knew it.

"Aren't you excited?" our dad asks us.