T H I R T Y E I G H T

I walk in the hallways with Chelsea. I guess she, Zack and Ethan are the only true friends that I have left. Great. At least I'm not wasting my time with fake people anymore.

"Are you okay?" she asked me as we walked to our lockers.

"Yeah, I think so."

We stop at her locker. As she gets her books out, I see Ethan, Grayson, Nate, Jack, Aaron, and Jake walking in our direction. Shit.

"They're coming," I whispered in my sister's ear.

"Who?" instead of telling her, I point with my chin in their direction. "You can go if you want."

"Why would I?"

"Morning, girls!" Ethan says and hugs me, then kisses my sister.

"Hey!"

My eyes fall on Grayson, who looks... sad, even depressed I'd say. He has dark circles under his eyes, and he's facing the floor.

"Kathy, we should go to our first periods. It was nice seeing you guys. Bye!"

Chelsea drags me away from there.

"Why did you do that?" I asked her laughing.

"Because."

"That's not an argument."

"Yes, it is. Now, move!"

I laugh again as I shake my head.

"You are the best sister someone could ever wish."

"I know, right? And I'm not even paid." she chuckled and I rolled my eyes.

^^^

Yay! My next period is History! My favorite one! With Grayson, Sarah, Clarisse, and Nate. Double Yay!

I take a big breath before walking into the classroom. Fortunately, none of them is here. Yet.

I sit in the third row next to the window and take my books out. As I do that, I hear a really familiar laugh. I stopped everything that I was doing and closed my eyes. I feel tears filling my eyes, but I bite the insides of my cheeks, trying to stop them from falling. But, as the laughter comes closer, I feel a warm tear falling down from my left eye. I wipe it fast with a sleeve, then force myself not to look up because I knew that if I would see him again, I would start crying.

One Week Later

It's been a fucking week since I last talked to Grayson, and I'm still not feeling better. Actually, I think it got worse.

I can't take it. I need to talk to him. I need him back. I miss him too fucking much, that it's killing me inside.

I take my car keys from the counter, and without taking my phone or announcing anyone that I'm leaving, I put on some shoes and exit the house.

I run to my car and turn it on fast. I drive as fast as I can to Grayson's house. In seven minutes, I am in their driveway.

I get out and nervously walk to the front door. I knock three times, I take a step back, then I wait.

A few seconds later, Ethan opens the door worried.

"Hey, Eth!"

"Kat! How are you? Oh, come in, it's freezing outside." I chuckle when I hear how concerned he is about me.

"I am acceptable. Not too good, not too bad." I smile. "Is Grayson home? I need to talk to him."