T W E N T Y E I G H T

One Week Later

Saturday

I literally crash on my bed and almost fall asleep. It's only three p.m. but I'm exhausted. I had to help Lisa with the party we're going to throw for the twins next week. And Chelsea has stomach flu, so I had to work double.

Oh, and it's a surprise party. So, it's even more complicated.

We've been calling all morning their family members. Around twelve pm, Lisa and I went to the mall to buy the things we need for the party. Now, my trunk is full of confetti, balloons and other things. I have to take them into the garage, but I'm too exhausted.

Tomorrow, I have to buy presents. And not only for their birthday. And for Christmas.

And, when I thought that the things couldn't get any worse, I'm on my period. I hate my life.

In another train of thoughts, my relationship with Grayson is still resisting.

Suddenly, my phone starts ringing. I grab it from the nightstand and see Grayson's picture and name. I answer and roll in the bed.

"Hey!" I say, trying to sound less exhausted than I was.

"Were you sleeping?"

"No. How are you?"

"I'm fine, you?"

"Same."

I'm not okay. I promise.

"Wanna come over? Please!"

"Uhm... Alright. I'll be there in ten."

"See you later!"

"See ya!"

I end the call and get up from the bed. I feel an acute pain in my stomach. I groan a little, but I manage to walk downstairs.

"Dad, I'm going out!"

"Again? You've just arrived."

"Yeah."

"Where are you going?"

"Over the Dolan's."

"Oh, alright, but be here in time for dinner."

"I will. Bye!"

I leave the house and get in my car. I start driving to the Dolan's house. Ten minutes later, I'm parking my car in the driveway. I get out and walk to the door. I knock and wait.

"Hey, babe!"

"Hey, Gray!"

I hug him really tight and kiss him on the lips.

"I missed you," he says, then lets me in.

"I missed you too."

I follow him in the living room, where the four fuckboys and Ethan are watching the TV. I go away as far as I can from Grayson, and try to ignore him.

"It's okay, butterfly. They know and won't tell anyone."

"He's right, Katherine," Nate assured me.

"Why would I trust you?" I ask them.

"We're sorry, okay? That's what you wanted to hear?" says Aaron.

"Are you talking to Cameron, Sarah, Clarisse or Lily?"

"Nate's talking to Clarisse and Jake's talking to Lily," Jack said.

"If you say even a word about this and I find out, you are dead."