T H I R T E E N

Ethan's POV

My stupid intuition has an even more stupid idea. What if... No, no way. But, the lyrics and the intensity she sang tell me otherwise. Should I ask her? Actually, no. She'd deny it, and maybe get so mad that she'd turn away and drive back home. Yeah, this is what she would do.

We finally arrive at that place. Well, almost. We have to walk to get to the lake.

She parks her car in the parking lot. We exit it and she locks the doors.

We walk for about five minutes until we're at the lake. I've missed this place so much! I haven't been here for two or three years.

"It's just how I remember."

She walks closer to the water, then sits down on the grass. I sit next to her. We both watch the little waves formed by air. I see the reflection of the stars and the moon in the water. There is no light. It's almost completely dark, only the stars and the moon are lighting the things a little.

She rests her head on my shoulder. I wrap my arm around her and continue looking straight forward.

"I want everything the way it was before high school." she suddenly says.

"What do you mean?"

"You, me, Chelsea and Grayson. I want our friendship back."

And this is when a wave of guilt hits me.

"But, we all know that Grayson has changed in a dick, and he'll stay like this forever. A really small dick." I chuckle.

"Well, I was like him until a few months ago."

"What made you change?"

She looks up at me and I gulp. I can't tell her the truth. Not yet.

"I don't know. Maybe I missed your sarcastic ass." I see her rolling her eyes as she giggles.

"My sarcastic emo ass. Please. I've changed." she laughs and I chuckle.

"What do you mean by emo?"

"Wait, you don't know Panic! At The Disco?"

"Nope."

"Fall Out Boy?"

"Never heard of them."

"My Chemical Romance?"

"My Chemical-what?"

"Oh my God! Where have you been living? In a cave?"

She takes her phone out and the light hits us. I see on her lock screen and home screen two guys, who are clearly older than her.

"Who are those?"

"Why? You jealous?"

"Not at all."

"They're Brendon Forehead Urie and Pete Emo King Wentz." I raise an eyebrow when I hear the names. "Ok, only Brendon Urie and Pete Wentz."

She opens her music app. I see that she has received a text, but she erases it before I can read it.

"This is probably my favorite song from Panic! At The Disco, Casual Affair."

She plays the song. After the chorus, she stops it and plays another one.

"This is Headfirst slide into Cooperstown on a bad bet by Fall Out Boy."

"That's a really short name." I sarcastically say.

"Well, they have a song named I slept with someone in Fall Out Boy and all I got was this stupid song."

"Are those song titles or entire songs?" I ask her laughing.