E I G H T E E N

I drag Grayson to a quiet place. I need to talk to him. Right now.

"What's wrong?"

"Chelsea's not talking to me only because she knows that I'm grounded, and I don't tell her the reason."

"So? Why aren't you telling her?

"Because she'll find out that Ethan's smoking. And I promised him that I would keep his secret."

"Tell her that those are your cigarettes."

"Are you mad? She'll react worse than you did when you found out that Ethan's smoking."

"Then, tell her that you're grounded because you slept at Meredith's without telling your dad. And he was extremely worried."

"Actually, it's a good reason. You're not that dumb."

"Thank you. I'm trying."

^^^

"So, that's what you didn't want to tell me? That's why you lied? Are you kidding me?"

"Yeah. Sorry. I thought you would be angry because only I went over her's."

"It's alright. I swear. But, I'm still mad cause you lied to me." she hugs me and I smile.

"I'm sorry."

My phone interrupts us. We both sigh and break the hug. I take my phone out and see that Grayson's calling me.

"Who's that?" Chelsea asks me.

"Uhm, it's Zack. I'm going to answer."

"Okay."

I leave the living room and run in my room. I lock the door and answer.

"Hey."

"Wanna hang out?"

"You want to hang out with me? What happened to your bitch or your friends?"

"I need a break from them."

"So I'm some kind of girl you want to fuck when your bitchy girlfriend is not around or annoys you?" I joke and I hear him sigh.

"You know what? Forget it."

"Wait, Grayson. I was kidding."

"You're a terrible comedian."

"I learned from the best."

"It doesn't make any sense. Anyway. Come over."

"Alright. Bye!"

Ok, it's really weird. Are we starting to be friends again? I think so. And, he wants to hang out with me, after all our arguments from school.

I change my clothes in some comfy ones. I choose the maroon sweatpants and the white long sleeve shirt from Levi's. I leave my room and go downstairs.

"Chels, I'm going over Zack's. If dad asks, I'm at the store to buy things for school."

"You know you're still grounded, right?"