S E V E N T E E N

Monday

"Has something happened between you and Ethan?" my sister asks me after we walk past them and I ignore him.

"No. Why would you think that?"

"Well, you didn't stop to say Hi, like you always do."

"So?"

"I don't know. It's weird."

"Exactly. You've been acting weird since that party. What's wrong?" asks Meredith.

"Nothing. Girls, I promise. There is nothing you should be concerned about."

"Alright."

Chelsea and I walk into the History class. We see Clarisse talking to Nate Garner and laughing, while Aaron and Jake talked to each other. What the hell? Since when are they friends?

"I know you're looking at them. And I'm asking myself the same question. But, ignore them."

"I'll try."

We sit in front of them. I turn my attention to my phone.

"You okay?"

"Why shouldn't I be?"

"Well, you are staring at your phone, like waiting for a text or something."

"I'm not. Don't freakin' accuse me of anything!"

"Okay, okay, calm down." she chuckles.

Fifteen minutes later, I ask the teacher if I could go to the bathroom. I left the class fast, then ran to Ethan's locker. I need to be fast.

I introduce the code and open the locker. I search through his backpack, jacket, and books, but I don't find anything. Fuck! He must keep the cigarettes with him.

I slam the locker's door and lean my head on it.

"Katherine? What are you doing here?" shit.

"Hey, Aaron!"

"I thought you were at the bathroom."

"And I was."

"What are you doing at Ethan's locker?"

"Oh, it's Ethan's? I thought it was mine. Maybe that's why my code wasn't working. I should go now." I turn around and head to the classroom.

"I won't tell him you were trying to break his locker."

"Thanks!"

I hope he'll keep his promise.

^^^

The cafeteria doors open. And, guess who's coming in? Grayson and Ethan. Only the two of them.

"There they are," says Chelsea sarcastically.

"What are you talking about?" Meredith asks. My twin points with her chin to the door. "Oh."

"Exactly."

Sadly for us, they have to walk past us to sit at their table.

"Katherine, can we talk?" I don't even need to look up.

"No, because I don't have time for DickFaces," I commented.

"Katherine..." says Chelsea.

I get up and grab my bag. When I try to leave my table and the cafeteria, Grayson grabs my wrist and drags me after him.

"Get your hands off me!" I slap his palm multiple times.