The Beast God in a Shrine

Tomoe was perplexed by the new goddess. She was stunningly beautiful. She had fox ears and a tail, just like he did, but she was a goddess, not a yokai. Tomoe exited the shrine, and stepped out into the yard. He was startled to see dozens of animal clustering in the trees and on the ground. In the center of the chaos was Lady (Y/N). She still had on the red kimono, and had pulled her long white hair into a loose ponytail. She seemed to be talking to the animals, and taking care of them. I feel like I'm looking at a painting. Tomoe thought as he looked at the picturesque scene.

Tomoe was about to come closer, when she suddenly tensed. She stood, and looked into the forest. She growled under her breath, and stepped forward. In one step she transformed into a white stag. This form, unlike her previous one, had red on its hooves, tail tip, and ear tips. She bounded into the forest, limping from her wounds. Tomoe sighed, and followed after her. It wouldn't look good if he allowed a guest of the Mikage shrine to get killed.

He stayed a good distance back, but made sure to keep her in sight. Tomoe could sense two humans up ahead, as soon as he sensed them, she transformed again, this time into a wolf, again with it's feet, tail tip, and ear tips dyed red. She launched into the clearing, and slammed into the two humans. The man and woman fell to the ground, and looked at her in fear and awe. She growled viciously, and the humans crawled away slowly. When they were a gone, she transformed back into her human form. She approached a small cage that was propped on the stump of a tree, and forced it open. Inside was a tiny fox cub. She pulled out the small orange wad, and placed it gently on the ground.

She transformed once again, into a beautiful white fox, with the same markings as the other forms. She gently picked up the fox pup by the nape of its neck, and carried it towards the Mikage shrine. She winced with each step, but she didn't limp, so as not to stir the already scared pup. She walked past Tomoe, and stopped. She looked at him with her silver-blue eyes for a moment, then continued towards the shrine. She's beautiful. Tomoe thought with a soft blush. He trailed after her, still keeping his distance. When they arrived at the shrine, she carried the young pup up to the porch, and placed it down. She then curled up around the young pup, and sat there, not moving an inch. Tomoe sat next to the two foxes, and waited.

After several hours, the pup finally began to stir. It clambered over her tail, and stumbled onto the porch. (Y/N) sat up, and looked at the pup curiously, then sighed. In an instant she was back to her human form, her red kimono not even ruffled from her previous activities. She gently picked up the fox pup, and handed it to Tomoe. He held it away from himself, as though if he moved it would break. (Y/N) chuckled. She even has a beautiful laugh, like a warm breeze. She pushed his hands towards his chest. He looked at her, unsure what to do.  The young fox sniffed his kimono curiously, then rubbed its head against his chest. The little fox then crawled up his chest, and came to rest on his shoulder. Tomoe seemed shocked by the little fox's actions, and he once again grew rigid.

(Y/N) placed her hand on his head. "Relax Fox Boy, he feels safe with you." She chuckled.

"But, why?" Tomoe asked as he looked at the baby fox that sat happily on his shoulder.

"Who knows? Kids are incredibly knowing, and whimsical. They trust who they want, and befriend those they feel close to. It seems this one has chosen." (Y/N) smiled as she walked past Tomoe.

"H-hold on! What am I supposed to do with it?" Tomoe called nervously.

"Take care of him, of course. I leave him in your capable hands. In nature, a baby without a parent dies, lets see if you can give that cub a different option." She smiled as she walked inside the shrine.

"How frustrating." Tomoe sighed. He grabbed the young fox from his shoulder, and placed it onto the porch. "I have work to do." He stated to the young fox as he turned to leave. The fox cub started crying as soon as Tomoe started to walk away. The fox cried and screamed until Tomoe picked him back up. He placed the baby fox back on his shoulder, and went back to work. She's quite troublesome. He thought to himself with a small smile.