Humans are Strange

You were finally healed. It was almost too good to be true, but here you were. It had been two weeks since Tomoe and Ryuu had seen your wounds, and they had gone overboard making sure you were completely comfortable. They refused to let you do any chores, jumped every time you needed anything, and even went so far as to help you up and down stairs. At first you felt pathetic, but slowly you came to appreciate just how adorable they were. They had even conspired to get you clothes without your knowledge. Now you had a wardrobe full of clothes that were yours. You were a little bummed you wouldn't get to wear Tomoe's kimonos anymore, but it was nice to have something of your own. You had an assortment of kimonos, both plain and ornate, and a few plain outfits for going out in.

You were currently sitting in class, listening to the teacher. You didn't take any notes, but you were still able to answer any question the teacher threw at you. You'd spent the past two weeks reading all the required textbooks, and even some other textbooks you found in the library. You'd become quite comfortable with your knowledge of humans, but you were still caught off guard by some things. Things like animals that were extinct and how there wasn't anything science couldn't explain both amused and confused you, but you'd learned to dismiss statements like those.

The teacher was in the middle of an amusing lesson about Japanese lore, including the yokai and gods. You almost burst out laughing when he went into an explanation of the gods. They made Otohiko out to be a wise and serious god, and Narukami was an ugly troll like brute. Of course, they also had their own impression of you. They depicted you as a savage god who destroyed everything in it's path. It stung a little to be viewed like that, but you'd grown used to that impression.

The bell rang, interrupting his riveting discussion about all the crap you'd messed up. When everyone broke for lunch, Tomoe leaned over your shoulder. "So, did you actually do any of the things they were saying?" He chuckled in your ear, his hot breath tickling your neck.

"Isn't it a little rude to ask an immortal being about their past?" You asked, turning to look at him. "Or, shall we get into a discussion about your less than honorable days."

Tomoe smiled sheepishly. "You're right, but I have to ask, did you really destroy three different shrines?" He probed.

You sighed. "I'm not proud of it, but I would do it again if given the choice."

"What did they do to upset you?"

"The god of war's temple was demolished for nearly killing a yokai I favored, the god of snow's shrine was destroyed for causing a series of blizzards that killed billions of my creatures, and I trashed Ooki's shrine for trying to flirt with me." You replied matter-of-factly.

Tomoe smirked. "I'd expect no less." He chuckled.

You returned to reading your book, when a conversation caught your attention. "Nanami, you really should eat something." Ami was pleading with the young land god. You glanced out of the corner of your eye to see what was going on.

"What do you expect? Her feelings were cast to the side by the one she loves." Kei grumbled, interested in something on her cellular device.

Cast aside? You thought curiously. Is that why she's been avoiding talking to me lately? Maybe she's worried I'll ask her about it. You tried to comprehend the feelings of the human girl.

"You can't continue like this!" Ami protested. "You'll get sick!"

"Geez." Tomoe growled, walking up to the girls. "You didn't touch your breakfast, now you aren't eating lunch. This isn't the time to be fasting."

"I-I'm not hungry." Nanami stated.

"Stop it Tomoe!" Ami inserted herself between the familiar and land god. "Nanami is still in shock after you turned her down!" Ami shouted rather abruptly.