First Day of School

When you returned to the shrine, Nanami was already asleep. You were about to head to your own bed, when Tomoe stopped you. You looked back at him, confused. "I want you to join Nanami and me at school tomorrow." He whispered so as not to wake the sleeping land god.

"Is that wise? The goddess of beasts isn't the kind of person you invite to be around a bunch of children."

"I don't care what anyone else thinks about it." He stated. "I don't want you to leave my side."

You couldn't help but smile at the light blush that dusted his cheeks. "I doubt I will be capable of getting good grades." You chuckled.

"So long as you maintain grades that are good enough to keep you in school, I don't care."

"How am I supposed to register now? Summer vacation is in a few days." You smirked.

"I registered in a similar fashion. I have it all under control." Tomoe nodded.

"Very well then. I leave it in your capable hands." You whispered, as you entered your room, and shut the door behind you.

------------------------

You woke up bright and early, before Tomoe even woke up. You walked outside the shrine, and whistled softly. Within minutes, dozens of animals filtered out of the woods. There were creatures that humans didn't know lived in the forests, and some that were older then man.

"Hello everyone." You smiled at all of them. "I was wondering if you could help me out this morning." The creatures chirped, grunted, and growled in agreement. "This shrine will be my home for the foreseeable future, so I want to thank the land god and her familiar by making this place spotless. Think you can help?" You asked. Once again you got enthusiastic shouts. "Let's get to work." You chuckled.

While you set to work making breakfast for everyone (including the creatures), they cleaned the shrine. A little Disney princess-y, but you'd done it long before Snow White was a thing.

The deer helped cut down the grass, while the rabbits pulled weeds. The birds cleared debris from the roof, while the yokai tanuki scrubbed away the moss and mold. A pair of kama itachi trimmed the foliage, while three mujina carried away the fallen leaves and branches. When Ryuu woke up, he helped by sweeping and cleaning the inside of the shrine.

It wasn't long before everything was cleaned up. You brought out platters of raw meat for the mujina and kama itachi, a bottle of sake for the tanuki, and a bowl of seeds and berries for the regular animals. Ryuu sat beside you, sipping on his own cup of sake.

You were sitting outside with all of them when Tomoe finally woke up. He was startled by how clean the shrine was. He walked out onto the porch, and was equally startled by the creatures. "What is going on?" He asked. The second he spoke, the mujina ran away, closely followed by all the other creatures.

"Way to go." Ryuu snickered.

You swatted your snarky familiar, before looking up at Tomoe. "They were helping me clean the shrine." You smiled at him.

"I can see that, but why?"

"I wanted to show my gratitude to you and the others." You shrugged. "Besides, I figured you would have your hands full getting me into school. Which reminds me, Ryuu was helping me with something the past few days." You snapped your fingers, and your ears and tail vanished in a puff of smoke.

"What?! That is what it was for?" Ryuu interjected. "Why must my mistress bore herself with the frivolity of humans?!" Ryuu snapped.

"It's nothing to get so worked up about Ryuu." You chuckled at your overprotective familiar.