The Divine Assembly

It's looking like most of you want Tomoe to become your familiar soon. You all have only like one more chapter after this to make the decision final!

-------------------------

The day to leave for Izumo had arrived. Nanami had decided to take Mizuki with her to the Divine Assembly, and Tomoe was quite irritated with it. She left for the airport early in the morning, but you were going with Ryuu, so you had some time to kill. You helped Tomoe to tidy up the shrine. When it was almost time to go, he was pouting while weeding the garden. You walked out to him, and patted him on the head. He looked up at you grumpily, one of his ears flattened under your hand.

"Please don't be angry with her over this. She did what she thought was best for everyone, so chin up." You smiled down at him.

"Shouldn't you be going. At this rate you will arrive late." Tomoe snapped at you.

"That was the plan." You shrugged.

"What do you mean?" Tomoe grumbled

"I'm already seen as the most vile of all the gods. What do I care if I'm late." You chuckled. "However, Ryuu will be angry with me if we don't get going. Behave yourself, Tomoe. If anything happens, I'll let you know immediately." You called to him, as you headed towards the front yard where Ryuu waited in dragon form, Tatakai already perched on his back. You climbed up behind the wolf shikigami, and Ryuu leapt into the air. As he spiraled ever higher, you looked back at Tomoe's dwindling form, and felt a little guilty for not bringing him along.

----------------------------------

Despite your best effort, you arrived at the Divine Assembly before the other gods. You wandered around Ookuninushi's sprawling shrine after checking in at the gate. When the drum sounded, you headed to the banquet hall. You arrived before the rest, and took the seat closest to the door (the most undesirable seat in the hall). As the other gods began to flow into the room, you were painfully aware of the fact that none of them sat near you. Ryuu and Tatakai sat behind you, and you could feel both of them growing irritable. You weren't sure how to calm their anger, after all you didn't appreciate being treated like you didn't exist either.

Most of the gods arrived one after another, but you noticed that Nanami had yet to arrive. You were about to send Tatakai to find her, when the doors to the assembly hall were pushed open. Nanami stood there, her eyes brimming with confidence.

"Sorry I'm late! Mikage shrine's Nanami Momozono has arrived." She shouted confidently. Sadly, the only god she appeared to gain the attention of (other than yourself) was that idiot war god.

He came up behind her, already angry. "You." He spat the word like an insult. "You are not welcome here, and yet you still came anyway?" He growled.

Nanami seemed afraid, but suddenly she straightened. "Yes. I'm staying too." She turned to him, her eyes still full of confidence. "I was invited to the Divine Assembly just like everybody else!"

"Don't use that insolent tone with me!" Ikusagami growled.

He began to draw his sword, so you decided to step in. You stepped between him and Nanami, readying to draw your own sword that was strapped to your hip. "Honestly, Ikusagami, your lack of intellect truly shines through when you feel the need to draw your sword against a mere human god." You mocked the god, hoping to redirect his ever present anger onto you.

"How dare you." He hissed at you, but you just continued to smile.

"If you have the desire to attack me, why don't we wait a little while. I'll let you have a rematch later in the divine assembly." You smirked, before turning your back on him. "It wouldn't look good if the two of us didn't at least wait a few days." You hummed, before walking back towards your seat.