The Angel in Hell

Tomoe was beside himself with worry. He felt as though someone had ripped out part of his heart, and were now stomping on it. He waited anxiously for his fox fire to return with her location. After nearly seven hours, they returned. Tomoe immediately launched into the sky, and raced to her location.

When he finally landed, he was standing outside a massive cave in the side of a mountain. "You're sure she's in there?"

"It is undoubtedly Lady (Y/N)'s energy I feel from in there." The fox fire confirmed before winking out of existence. 

I can't go barging in there, or they could kill her. I've never been much of one for sneaking around, but I don't  have any choice here. He thought to himself as he crept into the cave, making sure to stay in the shadows. Just hold on a little longer, (Y/N). I'll get you out of here, I swear!

As Tomoe searched, he came across several unnerving things. There were cages all over the place, with a variety of animals and yokai inside. He kept walking, ignoring the panicked screams and cries from all the creatures. He slowed when he came to the edge of a chasm. He gazed into the pit, and couldn't see the bottom. He might have tried going into the pit, had his attention not been snatched by a terrible scream. (Y/N)! 

Tomoe raced towards the sound, still hiding in the shadows. He came to a stop several feet from the door where the screams were echoing from. He waited for a few seconds, but the screams drove him to action. He was about to move, when the door was opened. A man with crimson red hair exited the room. He was humming to himself happily, as he wiped blood from his hands and face. Tomoe felt rage build in his chest. He wanted to kill that man, but his first priority was finding (Y/N).

When Tomoe could no longer see the man, he rushed towards the door, and slipped inside the room. The second he entered the room, he nearly cried. She was dangling in the middle of the room, suspended by a set of shackles. A long metal rod protruded from her shoulder, and her body was drenched in blood. He bit back tears, as he crossed the room, and placed his hand on the girls pale face.

At first, she didn't respond, and he feared the worst. He whispered her name, trying his best to wipe the blood from her face with his bare hand. Finally, her eyelids fluttered, and opened. Her eyes were dull and distant, but slowly they focused on his face. Tears dribbled from the corners of her eyes. "T-tomoe?" She whispered almost inaudibly.

"It's me." He assured her. "I've come to take you home." He choked on the words.

Slowly, it dawned on her, where they were, and her eyes filled with panic. "R-run Tomoe." She forced the words out. "You can't let him find you."

"I'm not going anywhere without you." He insisted, as he found the lever that controlled the chains. He lowered her, and broke the chains that connected to the shackles. He cradled her to his chest, as he lifted her, to leave. He turned, and came face to face with the red haired man. The man didn't seem upset in the least that Tomoe was holding his hostage, nor did he seem worried about Tomoe's presence in general.

Tomoe backed away from the man, his lips twisting into a snarl. He scanned the room. He couldn't fight while holding (Y/N), but he didn't want to turn his back to the man to put her down. The man seemed to notice his dilemma, and chuckled. "Go ahead and put her down if you wish. I wouldn't want her to get killed while we fought."

Tomoe glared at the man, but he swept all the objects from one of the tables, and placed her on the cold metal surface. He never took his eyes off of the blue eyed man. He was about to step towards the man, when a hand grabbed his sleeve. He finally looked away from the man, and locked eyes with (Y/N). "You can't fight him. Just run." She managed to gasp out. Her eyes pleaded with him to listen.