Decent into Hell

The awesome beast was on a blind rampage. Her nine tails demolished anything and everything around her, and her savage claws and teeth mutilated all the oni that opposed her.

"(Y/N)!" Tomoe screamed to the enraged goddess.

The fiery fox spun around. She fixed her blood red eyes on him. Her pupils had turned into angry slits. None of her usual joy, kindness, or hope rested in those cold red eyes.

"Please, just listen to me. You need to turn back to your human form. If you keep this up you'll die." Tomoe pleaded.

A single tail slammed down mere inches from Tomoe. He tried not to flinch, as she surged closer to him. Her hot snout was within arms reach, her blood soaked teeth bared in his face. He understood just what Munakata meant. He was a Yokai that had terrorized the world, and he felt his heart racing with fear.

"(Y/N), it's me. I'm not going to hurt you. Please, calm down." He begged. He stretched out a hand, and touched her black nose.

The enraged vixen jerked away, as though electrocuted. The red hue seemed to drain from her eyes to be replaced with the familiar silvery-blue. Her pupils remained long slits, but her eyes seemed to truly focus on him.

"I-is that you, (Y/N)? Can you understand me?" Tomoe called. She nodded her head once. Relief washed over Tomoe. "You're back. Thank goodness." Tomoe breathed a sigh of relief.

She lifted her head, and gazed around at the carnage. She gazed at each and every ruined body that littered the floor, and released a pitiful whimper. She gazed down at Tomoe. She seemed to be on the brink of tears, but, instead of tears falling, she herself collapsed. Blood continued to pour from the wounds that crisscrossed her quivering form.

Tomoe placed his hand on her snout, and stared into one of her massive eyes. "You need to turn back." He instructed. She whimpered weakly. "I know it hurts, but I can't move you as you are now. Please, you can't let it end here."

She closed her eyes, and slowly her form began to shrink until she was back to her human form. "T-tomoe, I'm sorry." She wheezed.

"Don't waste your strength. Just hold on a little longer. I'll get the concoction, then we'll go." Tomoe whispered. He snatched up the syringe filled with the golden liquid, and held it out to the girl.

"Is that wise, fox?" Munakata groaned.

"You're still alive?" Tomoe hissed.

"That chemical is one of my torture tools."

"What do you mean?" Tomoe froze.

"It speeds up the body's ability to generate blood, and heal minor injuries. Unfortunatly, it causes excruciating pain. It's what you would call a double edged sword." Munakata coughed out another glob of blood.

Tomoe locked eyes with the bloody girl. "We don't have a choice. I-I don't have much time left." She wheezed, and closed her eyes. "H-help me up."

Tomoe did as she asked, making sure to support her. "What is it?"

"Th-there's a Yokai. It's terrified of someone. It's near Izumo." She moaned. "If you hold onto me when I teleport, it will bring you along."

"Are you sure you are well enough for this?" Tomoe whispered.

"I don't have a choice." She smiled up at him weakly. Tomoe returned her smile, when a shot rang out. Her eyes widened, and she slowly went limp.

"(Y/N)!" Tomoe held her head. What just happened? He looked around, and spotted Munakata. The sadistic freak had gotten to his feet, and held a smoking revolver in his hand. "You bastard!" Tomoe screamed, as he slowly gathered a ball of flame into his hand.