Invitation to Izumo

Hello everyone! Sorry, I know it's been forever since I last updated. A lot of things keep going wrong... Anyways, I'm going to be skipping over the Festival/ Kagura Dance. Why? Because I'm too lazy to write it, and I didn't feel like it... Sorry... Now then, on with the story!!!!!!!

------------------------------

It had been quite a while since you'd let Nanami see into your past. So far, she'd kept it a secret. You woke up before everyone again, and spent your time tending to the animals that came to you. It had become your daily norm.

You bandaged a wounded stag's hind leg, fed a starving squirrel, and helped many more animals that had come to you for refuge. When the others woke up, you continued your work, devoting all of your focus to the animals. Tomoe went about his chores, handling the excessive numbers of animals rather well.

You only stopped when you sensed the presence of an annoying person. You turned, and noticed that Tomoe had already reentered the shrine. You tried to ignore the presence, and continued conversing with all the creatures. You were brushing out the fur of a stray dog, when Ryuu exited the shrine. "Milady, you should come inside. Lord Otohiko has arrived. He wishes to speak with you and Nanami."

You sighed, and stopped what you were doing. You knew very well why he was here, and you weren't looking forward to it. "I'll be right in." You replied, before standing, and dusting yourself off.

When you entered the shrine, the flamboyant wind god smiled at you. "Now that's a face I haven't seen in a long time."

You took a seat beside Tomoe, refusing to look the wind god in the eyes. "I don't know why you bothered coming to talk with me. We both know it'll only cause problems if I go."

"Sorry, but Ookuninushi isn't giving you much of a choice. He wanted me to tell you that if you don't go, he won't restore the power to your necklace." Otohiko pointed the the glowing pendant that constantly hung around your neck.

You narrowed your eyes at the wind god. "Why does he want me to come so badly?" You asked, your voice ending in a growl.

"Who knows, it could be the fact that nobody has seen you in centuries, but you'll have to ask him the answer." Otohiko smirked. "Now then, I'll be on my way. I'll be waiting for your answers." He looked to you and Nanami, before being lifted from the ground by his wind, and shooting into the air. You were lost in thought, not sure how to react. It was never fun going to Izumo, even more so during the summit.

"There is no need for you to go to Izumo." You heard Tomoe inform Nanami.

"I'm going to turn in early." You informed the others, before heading towards your room. You had a feeling that they were all looking at you, but you didn't care. Going to Izumo for the summit was one of the last events you wanted to go to. You were like the mutt someone had entered into a purebred contest. Everyone looked down on you like you were some abomination. You looked up at the ceiling, and let out a sigh. "I don't have much of a choice though. I suppose I'll just have to suck it up."

------------------------------------

The next day was the first day of the new term at school, and you were actually looking forward to it. While it was mind numbing and tedious, it was also the easiest way to get your mind off of the whole god thing. You went through the day in somewhat of a daze. You didn't talk to anyone, and specifically kept your distance from Tomoe and Nanami.

When lunch rolled around, you quickly left the classroom, and headed towards the roof. You rested your back against the wall, and closed your eyes. You hated being painted into a corner, but that's what had happened. If you didn't go, you wouldn't be able to enjoy yourself in the world like you had lately. However, if you did go, you would get ridiculed beyond belief. You let out a sigh. "Why does everything have to be so complicated?" You grumbled.