Beach Bonanza

It was finally Summer! You loved learning, but school somehow siphoned all the enjoyment from the experience. You entered the shrine, and narrowly dodged a flying shoe. Nanami and Tomoe were at it again. They were bickering like siblings.

"What's going on?" You sighed, sitting down against the wall.

"Tomoe won't let me go to the beach!" Nanami whined.

"Why not? I have already packed my bag for the trip." You replied, a little confused.

"What?! You will not be going either!" Tomoe growled.

"Who are you to try stopping me?" You smirked at the familiar.

"The ocean is filled with malicious creatures, and I am unable to enter the water. I will be incapable of protecting either of you." Tomoe grumbled.

"I can keep an eye on Nanami. If anything should go wrong I will protect her." You shrugged.

"I thought you were afraid of the water." Nanami cocked her head like a small child.

"It's not so much a fear, as it is I've never before gone swimming."

"How will you be able to keep an eye on Nanami then?" Tomoe inquired.

"Nothing to worry about. I'm a quick learner. Besides, I'm sure our uninvited guest would like to come as well." You smiled, looking towards the door.

Tomoe crossed the room, and threw open the door to reveal a familiar snake slithering across the porch. Tomoe grabbed the snake by the neck, and scowled at it. "What the hell are you doing here?" He spat.

"Put him down." You instructed the fox. Tomoe begrudgingly did as was told.

Mizuki transformed back into his human form, and looked at you with happy glittery eyes. "Thank you for that!"

"Don't mention it." You grumbled. "I'm sure you heard our conversation."

"Of course. I'd be happy to go along. I could use a day at the beach." Mizuki smiled happily.

Tomoe glowered at the snake familiar, looking like he wanted to kill him. Oh yeah, this is going to be fun.

-----------------------------------------

When you arrived at the beach, you were amazed. The ocean twinkled like millions of diamonds, and the sky was a brilliant blue. The sun was warm against your skin, and the sand soothed your aching feet. It was the first time you'd visited a beach, and you loved it. The only downside was your attire. You wore a light sundress over a swimsuit that revealed more of your body than you were used to. You looked nervously at Nanami and her friends. They were pulling off their shirts to reveal their swimsuits underneath.

"Aren't you going to show off your swimsuit?" Kei walked up to you, her eyebrows raised.

"I don't think so." You mumbled. "I've never revealed that much skin."

"Come on, just relax a little." Kei smirked, as she started to pull off the sundress.

"Hold on a second!" You protested, but she was fast for a human. Before you had time to react, the sundress was draped over her arm.

"Oh, (Y/N), you look so pretty!" Ami complimented.

"Where'd you get that swimsuit?" Kei asked.

"A-A friend of mine helped me pick it out yesterday." You mumbled nervously. It was a red two piece. It was basically a bikini with lace that draped down to form a skirt and crop top. You were glad that it hid some of the pale scars that still lasted on your skin.