Return

Tomoe was suffering. He'd been forced to return to Mikage shrine, and commanded not to leave Nanami's side. He wanted nothing more than to return to Izumo, and find (Y/N), but unfortunatly Nanami and he couldn't just abandon the shrine. On top of that, (Y/N)'s words bound him stronger than Nanami's. Nothing Nanami instructed could remove the invisible bonds. He'd informed his mistress of all that had  occurred, but that couldn't make the trip any easier.

It'd been two weeks since he'd been forced from Izumo, and all he could do was wait. Waiting caused his mind to race. He had so many questions. Why did Izanami seem so loathsome towards him? What was (Y/N) not wanting her to tell him? Had (Y/N) really taken his memories? If so, then why? Most importantly though, was a question he continually asked himself; why was he so worried about her? Was he in love? Impossible! You can't fall in love with someone in a few weeks! Unless, he really had known her long ago.

After waiting for so long, the time had finally come. Nanami had arranged for the deplorable Tengu to watch over the shrine in their stead. It burned him up inside, but they didn't have any other options. Now, they were in Izumo.

The two of them made their way towards the sacred palace of Izumo, but the path was once again blocked. Ikusagami barred the way, his angry eyes fixed on Tomoe.

"What business do you have here, fox?" The god of war spat.

"We need to speak with Ookuninushi. Now, stand aside." Tomoe bit back a growl.

"You can not enter unless you are given permission, so leave at once."

"I don't have time to waste here with you! We need his help to enter Yomi." Tomoe hissed. His fists were clenched, and his teeth ground.

"Come back when you've been granted permission." The stubborn god barked.

Tomoe took a step forward, ready to fight the god if need be, but the stone to his left exploded. It was the rock covering the entrance to Yomi. He stood proactively in front of Nanami, when an all to familiar figure clambered from the hole.

"(Y-Y/N)?" He whispered tentatively.

The girl cocked her head at him, before turning to face the god of war. "What exactly are you doing, Ikusagami?" Her voice wasn't it's usual soft and honey sweet. Instead it was cold and stern.

"I should be asking you the same question? How dare you show your face here!" The war god bellowed, as he drew his weapon.

"Do you honestly wish to fight me? You were never my equal in combat, and now I am at my strongest." The girl hissed, her eyes threatening.

"A filthy beast like you dares to threaten me! You are nothing more than the spawn of two pathetic gods!"

"Very well then. I tried to dissuade you, but I see only action will reach your deprived brain." (Y/N) hissed, before stepping forward.

In that one step, her body changed into the form Tomoe hoped to never see again. The gargantuan fox with nine lashing tails, pristine white fur, and a body cloaked in ice blue flames. Worry swelled in Tomoe's chest, as he looked upon the terrifying form.

What's going on? Why did she take that form? Did she forget what happened last time? Tomoe thought, as the fox lunged towards the god of war. Ikusagami slashed down at her, but she moved too fast for him to keep up. In an instant, she swatted him from the sky like a cat would a fly, and smashed all nine tails down upon him one after another. When each tail had gotten in a hit, she stepped away, and turned towards Tomoe and Nanami.

Tomoe once again stood pritectively in front of his mistress, not sure what the other goddess would do. "(Y/N), are you still with us?" Tomoe asked wearily.