Ch. 12 - All Night Long I Dream of the Day

You wake up the next morning in Dave's bed, naked except for the Spiderman bed sheet covering your body.

Dave is still asleep next to you and you debate for a split second whether or not to wake him up, before ultimately deciding to.

"Morning" You say, lightly shaking him awake.

"Hi" He murmurs sleepily, kissing you lightly and stretching out his arms.

You both simultaneously remember what happened the night before, and the thought of it seems to wake Dave up almost immediately.

"How do you feel?" He asks, looking super serious, "Are you ok?"

"Come on Dave its not like I got stabbed..." You say rolling your eyes and he snickers.

"Um, well in way—" He says in a joking tone and you hit him in the stomach.

"You're actually disugsting" You respond shaking your head, "Seriously though, I feel fine. I feel better than fine."

Dave nods, still not looking convinced, "You don't think it was too soon?" He asks.

"No I don't. I'm so content and happy with everything—honestly when it comes to you I'm more than happy. I'm ecstatic. I'm so, so, so happy with you Dave. Everything about last night was perfect" You reassure and his goofy smile comes back.

"I'm glad" he says leaning over and kissing you, "You look so beautiful, honestly if anyone told me years ago that I'd have a girl as beautiful as you lying in this bed I would've never believed them"

You blush as he twirls a strand of your hair around his finger, "If someone had told me that one day I'd be dating a drummer in a punk band and that I'd be crazier about him than I thought humanly possible, I probably would've laughed in their face"

"I'm so happy we found a way to get together, against all the odds" Dave says looking serious again, "I've been with other girls before but I'm serious when I say I've never felt like this. I feel so connected to you, so attached already...I don't know how to articulate it perfectly"

"I feel the same way." You whisper, looking up at him and feeling more vulnerable in that moment than you felt in all the time you dated Drew, "Its like no ones understood me the way you do, and no ones been able to be everything I need the way you've been. I totally understand what people mean when they say you have everything I never even knew I wanted. There are so many things about you I would've never thought to look for in a boyfriend, but now I can't imagine living without those parts of you"

He looks down at you lovingly and you feel so warm all of a sudden.

"Don't ever change" He says kissing the tip of your nose and pulling you close to him.

You sit in comfortable silence for a few minutes, kissing and giggling but not speaking until Dave immediately bounces up, suddenly full of energy.

"Wanna do something super fun?!" He says with childlike enthusiasm.

"What?!" You ask, deciding to humor him by matching his enthusiasm level.

"I'll take you out to meet my mom!" He says and you immediately change your attitude.

"Dave are you crazy? So she can see I just slept over at her house, in your room, without permission and did god knows what else while she slept!" You say and he smirks at you.

"She won't care! I promise my mom is the coolest lady you'll ever meet! And if I told her you came over before she woke up she'd at least be discreet even if she suspected something. Please, it'd mean a lot to me if you finally met her, she's been asking about you so much!" He begs.