Ch. 25 - Nothing Satisfies

Hey guys!! I hope you like this chapter, the video I put at the top is actually from the day this chapter was supposed to take place and the picture is of Dave and Courtney to show their friendship :) Please give me feedback in the comment/messages about what you think of the current storyline! Love you all

"So who are we waiting for?" You ask as you stand in the lobby of your hotel in LA.

"Krist and his wife Shelli are gonna come meet us and then this we're heading over to the venue" He says with an aggressive sigh.

You give him a questioning look, "Do you not want me to go to the show?"

"No! Not at all, I brought you here of course I want you at my show—you're my good luck charm" He reassures you before explaining further, "I just worry about you and this crowd. They can sometimes be a lot and they tend to be vicious towards those they don't trust"

"You mean Courtney?" You ask with a smirk.

"How'd you know?!" He responds sarcastically, "No but seriously—she often takes other girls being backstage as a threat to her so she gets really defensive and crazy. I don't want her to attack you right off the bat"

"Don't worry about me Dave. I can hold my own, trust me. Once I'm in the same room as her and get a feel of her personality I'll know how to act so she doesn't feel threatened." He looks at you skeptically and you just laugh, "Trust me baby, I got this"

Just then Krist and Shelli arrive. You all do introductions and greetings before you all drive to the venue.

"Ooh, sound check! I feel so official! Back in the day you barely even had a guarantee of instruments at the time of the show" You exclaim and Shelli and Krist both chuckle.

"He's in the big leagues now kid! He has instruments and he has to make sure they work!" Krist teases.

You arrive at the venue which is huge, bigger than any venue you'd been in. Immediately Dave and Krist are steered into a green room, stocked with food and drinks.

"Dammit" Mutters Dave and you follow his eyes to a faux-leopard coat sitting on a chair in the corner, "They're here"

"Oh no, I can't deal with this, not this early" Shelli says, picking up her purse again almost as soon as she puts it down, "I'm going back to the hotel, do you want to come Julia?"

"No, I'll be fine, I'll stay" You wave off her concern and she gives you a look that clearly says 'your funeral'.

Just as Shelli leaves, a presence enters the room, two people—a man and a woman— who you didn't exactly recognize.

"Hey! Look who fucking showed" Yells the woman of the pair, rushing over to where you are and wrapping her arms around Dave.

He looks taken aback and you sort of are too, "And who is this?" She asks turning to you next.

"This is Julia" Dave says unenthusiastically and immediately you realize who she is.

"Ah, you're another guest of Dave's. Interesting, you girls always keep me guessing." She sighs, looking you up at down and you can tell she's evaluating you, trying to decide if you're a threat to her power or not.

"Are you Courtney? Dave and Kurt told me a lot about you actually, when I was in Europe. Its really nice to meet you" You say and she immediately looks surprised.

"Wait, Kurt you met her?" She asks and for the first time you realize the other person who was with her was Kurt, his hair was dyed purplish-red for some reason.

Before Kurt can respond she turns to you again, "How long have you been seeing Dave?" She asks and you shrug.

"We've known each other since high school" You reply and she raises her eyebrows.