Ch. 38 - We Can Do This One More Time

Please let me know what you guys think! Love you all had a great St. Patricks Day!

When Dave drops you off at Annie's the next morning you attempt to sneak into the house, hoping she hasn't noticed your absence.

However you had no such luck.

"Jules what the fuck" Annie exclaims from the couch in her living room as you tried, and failed to tiptoe past the foyer and into the guest room, "Where have you been?"

"Uh...out" You reply uncertainly, biting your lip in an effort to diffuse your nerves. You don't know what she would say if you tell her what you'd been up to.

"Yeah I sort of got that" She says, crossing her arms and raising her eyebrows, "You do know Dave was supposed to bring Jimmy home last night right? And yet some how you were gone, and Dave was gone—but Jimmy was still here"

You stand in the hallway, frozen in place, searching Annie's features for any evidence as to what she was thinking. Unfortunately for you her face still too neutral for you to tell if she was mad.

"Did he mistake you for Jimmy by any chance?" She asks and you know there's absolutely no way you'll ever be able to avoid this conversation.

"We didn't do anything Annie, I swear. All we did was talk and then we fell asleep, that's the only reason I didn't come home" You scramble and she looks at you with a bemused look on her face.

"Why are you acting like I'm gonna scream at you Julia?" She says and you're surprised at her reaction.

"I don't know, I guess I thought you'd be mad at me for...forgiving him or something, I don't really know. I've been so adamant that I'm done with Dave since what happened" You say, flustered all of a sudden.

"Sweetie," She begins, patting the spot next to her on the couch, "you know when Dave hurt you I was ready to put his balls in a blender."

"Love the imagery" You interrupt but she just shoots you a stern look before continuing.

"But you have to look at my relationship: Jimmy and I were on and off for so long, it was constantly up and down. All we did was take turns hurting each other for years, like you and Dave do but with shorter gaps in between. I thought we were done for good the last time we broke up but I should've known better, I was so wrong—I mean its our wedding this weekend"

You sigh and sit down next to her, she notices your distress and immediately pulls you in for a hug.

"If Jimmy and I can work it out, after all the shit we've done to each other, then anyone fucking can Julia. Trust me" She whispers before pulling away again.

"Speaking of which, we better get you ready, you're getting married in a couple hours girl!" You squeal and she laughs.

"Ok well first things first I'm going to give you the task of getting my groom out of the house because for one thing his tux is at Dave's" She says.

You busy yourself with waking up Jimmy and getting him into a car and over to Dave's moms house,

"Thanks a million for driving me Jules, I don't know where D could've been last night" Jimmy says as you pull up to the familiar front door, giving you a wink as he exits.

"Yeah I wonder" You answered with a smirk, "See you soon Jim"

As soon as he's in the house you rush back to Annie's to be with her as she got ready.

All too soon you were in your bridesmaid dress and having a glass of champagne with Annie to celebrate her last few minutes of single life.

"Can you bring this down to Jimmy?" She asks, handing you a letter.